Crystal Stairs, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
External Affairs - Communications Coordinator
at Crystal Stairs, Inc.
- 04-Oct-2019 (PST)
- External Affairs
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
External Affairs - Communications Coordinator
What We're Looking For:
We are seeking a Communications Coordinator who has the responsibility for driving the development of the agency's print and electronic communication, marketing, branding, media relations, social media messaging and marketing initiatives. Cultivates and maintains relationships with media outlets, manages the agency's website content, creates and reviews electronic and print collateral materials for dissemination to internal and external audiences. The Marketing and Communication Coordinator will serve as a key agent of Crystal Stairs at internal and external special events and community events, by building relationships with key stakeholders to increase the visibility of the organization with potential donors and the media. The ideal candidate will also have the following responsibilities:
- Drive the vision for agency communication, marketing and messaging to increase brand position and illuminate the reputation of the agency.
- Create innovative marketing and communication strategies to ensure competitive exposure.
- Lead the coordination and development of agency's marketing and communications messaging on key child care issues and agency-related activities; (i.e., print electronic, social media and email marketing, etc.).
- Develop and manage Annual Report theme, content and collateral design in conjunction with agency departments.
- Develop and maintain agency's communication and social media plans, and update as needed.
- Oversee and manage the content updates on the Crystal Stairs website, agency SharePoint site and all social media and email marketing platforms.
- Lead the development and rebranding of agency's website. Maintain content and develop training manual for designated staff.
- Develop and review written material for distribution to Crystal Stairs clients, community, funders, and news media to ensure brand integrity; (i.e., annual reports, program and event flyers, e-blast and promotional incentives).
- Develop and manage relationships with media outlets, including television, newspaper, radio and community agencies to strengthen Crystal Stairs visibility.
- Seek press and media opportunities for the agency, Chief Executive Officer and Director of External Affairs.
- Develop and distribute press releases, track media impressions and alerts for the agency.
- Lead agency's internal communications trainings to ensure staff meet the branding and communications guidelines.
- Participate in conceptualizing the agency's communications agenda to enhance and strengthen its presence within the immediate and broader communities.
- Partner with public policy/advocacy team to develop agency position papers, relevant social media content and editorials on matters related to Crystal Stairs or important issues affecting child care funding and families.
- Cultivate professional and productive relationships with agency's board of directors, leadership team, managers, colleagues, community stakeholders and vendors.
- Represent the agency at various external meetings; (i.e., community events, committees meetings related to child care and children's issues).
- Supervise staff including but not limited to administrative support staff and interns as the work demands deem necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, public relations, business marketing, or related field required. Related work experience and exceptional skills may be substituted for education.
- Minimum five years of professional experience in marketing, communications, journalism or public relations. Non-profit experience a plus. Must have strong project management experience and ability to organize, prioritize and delegate workflow. Strong internet research and information retrieval capabilities.
- Analytical and strategic thinker with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive computer knowledge: MS Office Suite, PowerPoint, and other Desktop Publishing programs (i.e. Publisher, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator or InDesign).
Crystal Stairs is committed to building and sustaining a diverse workforce and culture. As part of this commitment, Crystal Stairs provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, medical condition as defined by state law, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, ethnic group identification, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other legally protected status.