County of San Bernardino
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse II - ARMC
at County of San Bernardino
- The Job
Registered Nurses II at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center are RNs with one (1) or more years of RN experience which practice a high level of professional autonomy in a fast-paced teaching environment with many opportunities for growth. Duties include assessing, planning, evaluating and implementing patient care in accordance with accepted standards of practice and organizational policy, administering medications and treatments, performing documentation, and providing education to patients and families.
Applicants with one or more years of RN experience are encouraged to also check out these opportunities (click on titles) and apply as appropriate:
For more information, refer to the Registered Nurse II job description.ARROWHEAD REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTERARMC, which is owned and operated by the County of San Bernardino, is a state-of-the-art 456 bed university-affiliated teaching medical center featuring the newest in technology in the field of patient care. ARMC is host to a 24-hour Emergency Department providing more than 90,000 annual visits, a Level II Trauma Center verified by the American College of Surgeons, a Regional Burn Center, Behavioral Health Services, Outpatient Specialty Clinics and four Primary Care Family Health Centers (FHC). The FHCs offer comprehensive primary care medical services to individuals and families of all age groups. The FHCs are staffed with experienced attending physicians and resident physicians from the Medical Center. ARMC is a Primary Stroke Center and has a Baby Friendly designation from Baby-Friendly USA with over 2800 births per year. The Neonatal Intensive Care is a 30 bed Community California Children's Services certified unit.
- Critical Care RN Trainee: Burn/Critical Care/ED/Labor and Delivery/OR/PACU (Up to $44.36/hour)
- Critical Care RN: Burn/Critical Care/ED/Labor and Delivery/OR/PACU (Up to $51.98/hour)
- Specialty Care RN Trainee: Behavioral Health (Up to $42.13/hour)
- Specialty Care RN: Behavioral Health (Up to $51.94/hour)
To learn more about our hospital click http://bit.ly/LearnAboutARMC.To explore additional STAFF and PER DIEM nursing opportunities, click HERE.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. ARMC is a twenty-four hour facility; applicants must be available to work all shifts, weekends and holidays. Shift differentials are provided. 2. Requires lifting of up to 100 pounds with assistance, and carrying of up to 50 pounds. 3. The work environment may involve exposure to assaultive and combative patients. 4. Applicants selected for these positions must pass a background investigation and verification of employment history and education. 5. Some positions are Per Diem; indicate your willingness to work Per Diem on the supplemental questionnaire. Per Diem Nurses are not Regular Positions within the County, and there should be no expectation of continued employment or guaranteed hours. Working as a Per Diem Nurse does not preclude you from applying and competing for Regular nursing positions within the County. (Refer to the County of San Bernardino website for current open recruitments.) Per Diem positions participate in the County's PST Deferred Compensation Plan and do not earn any other benefits. 6. License/Certifications: RN license, and Basic Life Support, and depending on the area of assignment, additional certification(s) may be required and must be maintained throughout employment. For a list of certifications required by unit, click HERE.
- Minimum Requirements
Candidates must possess all of the following:
License: Must possess and maintain Registered Nurse licensure with the State of California Board of Registered Nursing.
Experience: One (1) year of experience as a licensed registered nurse.
Certification: Must possess and maintain current Healthcare Provider level Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Note: License number and expiration date must be listed on the application. Pending license or certifications will not be accepted. If ineligible, candidates may not reapply for (3) months.
Attach/Upload a copy of your diploma to your application and resume. Please indicate the name of the educational institution which conferred your degree on your resume.
- Desired Qualifications
Candidates possessing a Bachelor's degree in Nursing are desired.
- Selection Process
There will be a competitive evaluation of qualification based on a review of the Application and Supplemental Questionnaire.
The eligible list will remain active for three (3) months. Candidates will be certified to ARMC departments based on preferences noted on the supplemental questionnaire.
Please click HERE for important Applicant Information and the County Employment Process.