Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Child Nutrition Assistant-Satellite
at Conejo USD
- BASIC POSITION FUNCTION
THE ELIGIBILITY LIST WILL BE VALID FOR 6 MONTHS
RECRUITING UNTIL VACANCY IS FILLED.
Complete the on-line application by clicking the "Apply" link above. Do not abbreviate job titles for yourself or employers. Prior to submitting your application, verify it reflects all relevant experience and education.
1. Training and Experience Evaluation - Pass/Fail
Applications will be screened for best qualified applicants to compete in the competitive examination process.
For those passing the Training and Experience Evaluation (notified after sufficient applications received):
2. General Fitness Exam – Date TBD
The General Fitness Exam will consist of an on-line multiple choice examination assessing fundamental knowledge for the position.
Applicants must receive a passing score on the general fitness examination to be placed on the year-long eligibility list. The top 3 ranks (scores) on the eligibility list are eligible for the hiring interview for each vacancy in this classification within the life of the list.
BASIC POSITION FUNCTION
Under the supervision of the Central Kitchen Production Supervisor, manage the delivery of child nutrition services at a satellite elementary kitchen, including prepare and serve foods to students while adhering to National School Lunch Program requirements and District policies and procedures; and maintain kitchen facilities in a clean and sanitary condition.
DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS BETWEEN RELATED CLASSES
Child Nutrition Assistant – Satellite "CNA-S" is distinguished from Child Nutrition Assistant I and II job classes, as positions classified as CNA-S are assigned to elementary school cafeterias that operate with a single staff member and receive daily meal deliveries from the central kitchen; manage the daily meal orders, prepare raw food items, salads, fruits and vegetables for student consumption requiring possession of a Food Handlers Certification, and manage student accounts in a computerized point of sale system and prepare necessary reports.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collect daily lunch sign-in sheets to estimate food and supplies needed for serving daily breakfast and lunch meals and complete necessary requisition order forms to submit to the central kitchen supervisor or designated staff; communicate with central kitchen staff regarding daily orders.
- Receive, check, count, record and store daily meal deliveries; conduct daily and monthly supply inventories and complete requisition orders as necessary.
- Prepare food items, including thaw or heat food items by placing in oven warmers at appropriate temperature; mix ingredients to prepare salads or other open food bar items.
- Prepare serving areas, such as carts, counters or windows, by setting out food items, condiments and utensils; replenish hot food items and the salad bar as necessary and serve students by ensuring students receive all the components of a reimbursable breakfast and lunch.
- Manage and operate computerized point of sale system (e.g. MealTracker) including crediting and debiting meal payments to student accounts during meal serving periods, accepting both check and cash payments; performs account management before and after service periods, such as creating new and updating information in student accounts; utilizes system's reporting features to prepare reports on student transaction history, outstanding payments or other data as requested; counts cash and prepares bank deposit slips.
- Records the quantity of food used for each meal; counts leftover food and beverages and fills, wraps and stores food containers in the pantry or freezer as appropriate and properly disposes of perishable food items; records cooler and food temperatures to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Maintain cafeteria and kitchen facilities and equipment in a clean and sanitary condition, including cleaning serving counters, tables, chairs; and washing trays, pots, pans, utensils and serving equipment.
- Provide oversight and direct student helpers assigned to assist in set ups or cleaning activities.
- May participate in assembly line food preparation and packaging activities; pull bulk food and supplies from freezers, refrigerators and storage; wash, cut, measure and scoop food items; open cans and other food containers;
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- MINIMUM ENTRANCE QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
An equivalent of one (1) year of experience at the level of Child Nutrition Assistant l at CVUSD having knowledge and training in operating a computerized point-of-sale system.
*Alternate variations of education/experience may be considered by Personnel Commission staff as acceptable to qualify for participation in the examination process resulting in an eligibility list. When appropriate additional work experience beyond the minimum requirement may be supplemented for required minimum education requirements.
Valid Food Protection Managers Certification from an accredited organization. (Must obtain within 3 months of hire)
Valid California Class C Driver's License
- JOB COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Proper methods of preparing and serving a variety of foods from fresh, canned, dry or frozen; and safe food storage of perishable and non-perishable items;
- Proper methods of using, cleaning and sanitizing kitchen equipment and utensils; and requirements for maintaining safe and sanitary child nutrition facilities;
- Basic arithmetic (i.e. addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) and cashiering skills
- Basic record-keeping techniques
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Learn and apply methods and procedures for: preparing, packaging and serving food in large quantities, including washing, cutting, mixing and assembling ingredients and food items; sanitation and safety practices related to the handling and serving of food in large quantities; food rotation and storage;
- Learn and operate standard kitchen equipment and utensils;
- Learn and operate a computerized point of sale system;
- Work rapidly and efficiently in performing job duties to meet order schedules and serving time lines;
- Work cohesively with peers, supervisors, school personnel, and students, demonstrating good customer service disposition on an ongoing basis;
- Apply and maintain standards of cleanliness, sanitation, and personal hygiene
- Count money and make change accurately
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions, and communicate in English; and
- Learn and apply proper lifting techniques.