City of Santa Ana
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Community Center Aide (Senior Transportation Program)
at City of Santa Ana
Pay: $18.41 to $22.39/hour
$18.41 - $22.39
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 2532529
Overall Job Objective
- The City of Santa Ana is looking for individuals who are results-oriented, possess great attitudes, demonstrate creativity and innovation, work efficiently, show a record of success and have a PASSION for public service. Having the best employees provides the best service to the community.
This is a part-time position. The incumbent will work an average of 20 hours per week. Work schedule is to be determined. There is currently one (1) vacancy but this number is subject to change. Bilingual pay is an additional $1.01/hr, if applicable. This recruitment is open until further notice and can close at any time and without notice.
- Essential Functions Include But Are Not Limited To
- Under general supervision, performs responsible work in the development and implementation of transportation-related programs and recreational activities designed to improve the quality of life of our senior participants; coordinate routes with program drivers to ensure participants arrive and depart from the senior center in a timely and organized manner; oversee program staff working schedules and duties; serve as back-up driver, as needed; conduct driver's training; be responsible for compliance or driver certifications and for submission of vehicles for mandated inspections and maintenance requests; communicate program information (e.g. shopping trips, activities, excursions, staff changes) to senior center staff; keep record of program participants; compile monthly reports regarding program statistics and submit to the Community Services Supervisor; compile quarterly program data for annual California Highway Patrol audit, which includes record-keeping of daily inspection reports and mileage data; schedule weekly shopping trips, monthly excursions/mini-excursions and accommodate transportation requests from senior center staff; create promotional brochures, flyers and newsletter page; address inquiries and concerns regarding the program. Depending on assignment, the incumbent may also have responsibilities specific to the following: Supervises and interacts with program participants at senior centers, or parks, and other activity locations; oversees program part-time staff; prepares promotional materials for program activities; addresses emergency/accident issues regarding patrons and facilities; meets and confers with participants and center staff regarding program policies and procedures; plans, organizes, promotes and conducts activities for senior participants; assists in the development and implementation of center goals and objectives; and performs other tasks as required.
- Minimum Qualifications
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIESKnowledge of: Wide variety of recreation activities; effective operations of a recreation and/or senior center, city and agency policies and procedures and their effective implementation.
- Any combination of experience and education equivalent to two years of experience which includes handling recreation programs and activities, preferably in general transportation, driving or other senior-related services, and college coursework with an emphasis in education, recreation administration, public administration, business administration, child development, gerontology or related field.
- Possession and retention of a valid California Class C driver's license is required as a condition of employment
Ability to: Work with youth and adults of all ages and backgrounds; effectively answer questions pertaining to programs; communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing; operate current office software and educational software applications.
Special Working Conditions: Must be willing and able to work irregular hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays, on an occasional basis as a condition of employment.
Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish, Vietnamese, Cambodian, Hmong, Korean, or Samoan is highly desirable.
- Selection Process
- All applicants are required to complete and submit a City application form online, as well as complete the supplemental questionnaire. Resumes or faxed copies will not be accepted in lieu of a completed City online application.
Click on the "Apply" link located at the top of this page. New users must create an account first. Click on this link for instructions on how to set up your account and apply for the first time: Online Employment Application Guide.
The Human Resources Department and the Parks, Recreation and Community Services Agency will review the applications and those candidates who possess the most pertinent qualifications will be invited for an oral interview by the hiring department. For additional information, please call Juan Lara at (714) 571-4259.
NOTE: Prior to appointment, a background records check and medical exam will be conducted.The City of Santa Ana is an equal opportunity employer. If you consider yourself a person with a disability, you may contact us regarding providing reasonable accommodation.