City National Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Credit Officer II (Underwriting and Portfolio Management) - Entertainment Banking, Beverly Hills
at City National Bank
Credit Officer II (Underwriting and Portfolio Management)
The Entertainment Banking -- Credit Officer II ("CO II"), in collaboration with senior colleagues, is responsible for structuring, underwriting, closing, and managing middle market cash flow / leveraged loans for film, music, sports, as well as other sectors of the entertainment industry. The CO II is expected to use his or her technical skills and problem solving to develop creative solutions to structure complex transactions based on detailed analysis of prospective or existing borrowers' ability to repay. Additionally, the CO II is expected to proactively identify, escalate and monitor risks as well as make prudent decisions consistent with Entertainment Banking's lending philosophy and appetite. Solutions and analysis are expected to be thorough and include financial statement and cash flow analysis, interpretation and application of industry and economic trends, detailed collateral diligence, enterprise valuation analysis, and adherence to policies and procedures including leveraged lending guidelines. Average loan size is expected to range from $25-125 million.
In addition to above, responsibilities include:
- Developing strong working relationships with internal and external clients to increase understanding of the client's financial performance and business objectives to facilitate underwriting, portfolio, and problem loan management, including through occasional travel to meet the client.
- Proactive management of portfolio risk to minimize losses including timely and accurate risk grading of accounts, problem loan identification, reporting, and presenting to senior management.
- Maintaining current knowledge of all relevant policies and regulations, ensuring applicable policies and procedures are adhered to and appropriately documented, and preparing for periodic exams by internal and external auditors.
- Supporting loan documentation including working with loan servicing and outside counsel to ensure credit terms are documented accurately, legal and regulatory issues are addressed, and agreements are consistent with City National's standards.
- Mentoring less experienced colleagues in financial statement analysis, business writing, cash flow modeling and enterprise valuation.
Job Skills and Knowledge
- College degree in Business Administration or related field preferred;
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal/written forms;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to work well independently and in teams as well as interact effectively with both internal and external interests.
- *Bachelor's degree;
- *Minimum 5 years of experience in underwriting middle market cash flow/leveraged loans;
- *Minimum 5 years of experience in a banking or financial services environment required.
- Strong understanding of leveraged lending guidelines, policies and procedures;
- Experience in structuring, underwriting, and managing middle-market loans including club and widely-syndicated transactions;
- Strong credit analysis, financial modeling, and accounting, including expertise in Excel;
- Entertainment and entertainment-related industries experience;
- Middle-market loan documentation experience;
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Beverly Hills Main-L01