Citizens Business Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Citizens Business Bank
Torrance, CA (South Bay)
Notice of Vacancy #:
South Bay Commercial Banking Center-43
Joining Citizens Business Bank means connecting with a team of dedicated associates that continually strive for new and innovative ways to meet and exceed the needs of our customers. As a top ranked bank, life at our company includes a working environment that thrives on collaboration, integrity, and mutual respect for one another. We encourage our associates to ask questions, learn, care deeply, and make an impact. Our dedication to customers and associates is at the core of our business culture and is represented by five core values: financial strength, superior people, customer focus, cost-effective operation, and having fun.
Makes and services a wide variety of secured and unsecured loans or lines of credit, most of which involve large amounts of money and important customers.
The Portfolio Manager is responsible for identifying, soliciting and retaining existing commercial business relationships including commercial loans and business checking accounts as well as other services and products offered by the Bank. The Portfolio Manager must work independently, with or through the management of the Center sales and service efforts to ensure retention of existing relationships as well as the growth of these relationships. The incumbent is involved in the analysis of customer/prospect business finances needs and opportunities, prospect/customer negotiations and internal presentation of credit and product requests. The incumbent is responsible for managing a portfolio of customers and is required to expand the existing relationships, attract new relationships, and analyze customers banking needs for the suitability of all bank products and services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Exercises discretion and independent judgement in presenting complex solutions to existing customers and prospects. Must have a complete understanding of complex and multifaceted financial products and services.
- Approve loans within specified limits, and refer loan applications outside those limits to management for approval.
- Rejects loans by explaining deficiencies to customers.
- Participates in all Center functions necessary to contribute to the achievement of Center earnings and growth objective that can be measured and actively participates in various community and civic activities in the Center Service area.
- Contributes significantly to meeting or exceeding the Center budgetary goals and ensures that deposit, loan and net income goals are met.
- Works independently, with or through the Manager to ensure that all bank operating and lending policies and procedures are properly and promptly implemented and followed.
- Is compliant with all CBB policies and procedures to ensure a passing or better, Audit.
- Works independently, with or through the manager to ensure the Banks CRA policies and objectives are met for its assigned service area.
- Works independently, with or through Management of the Center’s sales and service efforts to ensure retention and growth of existing relationships.
- Manage personal sales efforts that meet or exceed Center goals with a specific production goal based on experience and Center location.
- Provide, present and promote The Citizens Experience to all external and internal customers.
- Complies with and stays abreast of all policies and procedures, federal and state laws applicable to the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or a minimum seven (7) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply basic math concepts to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals using a PC or calculator. Ability to understand and communicate complex financial ratios to external and internal customers and departments.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Outlook Internet software; Excel, and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Citizens Business Bank is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We provide equal opportunity in all employment matters without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, age, genetic information, national origin, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law, for all qualified applicants and Citizens Business Bank associates.