Citizens Business Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Loan Documentation Specialist III
at Citizens Business Bank
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Notice of Vacancy #:
Loan Documentation and Servicing-471
Joining Citizens Business Bank means connecting with a team of dedicated associates that continually strive for new and innovative ways to meet and exceed the needs of our customers. As a top ranked bank, life at our company includes a working environment that thrives on collaboration, integrity, and mutual respect for one another. We encourage our associates to ask questions, learn, care deeply, and make an impact. Our dedication to customers and associates is at the core of our business culture and is represented by five core values: financial strength, superior people, customer focus, cost-effective operation, and having fun.
Loan Documentation Specialist III (40 hours/week)
General Purpose of the Job:
Responsible for documentation preparation packages for difficult to highly complex loans and trade products approved within Citizens Business Bank. Ensure that the documents requested comply with bank policy and that the document request package and/or executed document package are complete to minimize the risk of loss to the bank. Ensure the timely disposition and control of legal documentation, collateral and documentation records in a manner that complies with bank policy and minimizes the risk of loss to the bank. Maintain the integrity of all information related to the documentation process for privacy, reporting and audit purposes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies with and stays abreast of all policies and procedures, federal and state laws applicable to the job.
- Prepare loan documents for the following loan products from low to high complexity: (a) Commercial Loans, including but not limited to: commercial RE secured loans, construction loans, 1031 Exchange, commercial loans/lines of credit, asset based loans, dairy loans, agriculture loans, SBA loans, SWAPs, participations/syndications, letters of credit, leases, workout loans, loans involving use of outside counsel, Business Bonus Balance and (b) Consumer Loans, including but not limited to : residential mortgage, construction loans, Home Equity loans/lines, unsecured, vehicle loans, aircraft loans, boat loans, cash/marketable securities/investment account secured loans, leases.
- Review all documents for compliance with credit approval.
- Coordinate efforts with outside escrow, if applicable.
- Coordinate efforts with title company, if applicable.
- Perfect collateral.
- Track for return of collateral documents.
- Create and maintain documentation files.
- Record and track documentation exceptions.
- Review and approve loan doc packages for release based on previously assigned authorized authority.
- Post-execution review of all loan documentation packages.
- Respond to customer inquiries.
- Provide, present and promote The Citizens Experience to all external and internal customer.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or GED; and a minimum 5 years commercial and consumer loan documentation preparation experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to department management, credit administrators, legal counsel and/or relationship managers.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry, and interpret bar graphs. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel) and Harland LaserPro documentation preparation system. Knowledgeable of mainframe loan systems, FISERV preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Other Skills and Abilities
- Familiar with standard U.S. commercial, consumer and real estate lending policies
- Familiar with standard U.S. note department workflow
- Knowledge of U.S. federal and California state banking laws and regulations related to lending
- Personal success factors include:
- Team player
- Sets high standards for self and team
- Adapts well to changes
- Strong can do attitude
- Takes the initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Citizens Business Bank is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We provide equal opportunity in all employment matters without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, age, genetic information, national origin, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law, for all qualified applicants and Citizens Business Bank associates.