Citizens Business Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Credit Risk Analyst
at Citizens Business Bank
Ontario, CA (Corporate)
Notice of Vacancy #:
Joining Citizens Business Bank means connecting with a team of dedicated associates that continually strive for new and innovative ways to meet and exceed the needs of our customers. As a top ranked bank, life at our company includes a working environment that thrives on collaboration, integrity, and mutual respect for one another. We encourage our associates to ask questions, learn, care deeply, and make an impact. Our dedication to customers and associates is at the core of our business culture and is represented by five core values: financial strength, superior people, customer focus, cost-effective operation, and having fun.
Credit Risk Analyst
The “Credit Risk Analyst” supports Credit Management Division objectives by performing various functions related to loan and data analytics, loan accounting system and reports, credit risk assessment and stress testing, allowance for loan and lease losses model support and analysis, credit workflows and process, COSO 2013 controls/implementation, and other credit data related projects. This position works as an integral member of the Bank’s Credit Risk Analytics team and closely with the Bank’s Credit Risk Officer(s).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complies with and stays abreast of all policies and procedures, federal and state laws applicable to the job.
- Summarize and analyze large volumes of data in a meaningful and actionable manner.
- Provide subject matter expertise on the use of loan source systems data as well as educate team on data, metadata and standards.
- Co-create, update, and maintain ALLL model by authoring accurate calculations, managing the process of data input, and validating data and calculations for continuing accuracy and appropriateness.
- Accurately document system changes and follow procedures to ensure system integrity.
- Create and update other models to assess and/or track the Bank’s portfolio as required.
- Formulate, draft, and maintain accurate and current internal control procedures, programs and related documentation.
- Prepare analyses which are submitted to internal and external management.
- Assist and interface with examiners/auditors during regulatory exams and internal audits.
- Maintain good working knowledge and awareness of Bank goals, regulatory and legislative developments, and financial industry audit control and trends.
- Prepare and update department compliance policies and procedures.
- Analyze current process and modeling tools to identify issues requiring corrective action and oversees corrective actions relating to areas of responsibility.
- Prepare reporting according to established deadlines and ad hoc requests, while managing multiple responsibilities.
- Acts as liaison between Credit and IT departments during implementation of new programs/software; maintain current working knowledge of both business unit requirements and IT constraints.
- Seek ways to improve the Bank’s internal processes and create cost efficiencies through report automation and streamlining of current reports to reduce redundancy and duplication of effort.
- Recommend and establish standards, guidelines and processes that improve system and reporting efficiencies.
- Design and preserve the viability, functionality, and accuracy of the credit process procedure manual.
- Assist with special projects and/or investigations as they arise.
- Provide, present and promote The Citizens Experience to all external and internal customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Computer Skills & Software Skills
High-level skills and proficiency with various software and database applications, including Excel suite, Access, and others.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Citizens Business Bank is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We provide equal opportunity in all employment matters without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, age, genetic information, national origin, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law, for all qualified applicants and Citizens Business Bank associates.