Citizens Business Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Credit Officer III - SBA
at Citizens Business Bank
Notice of Vacancy #:
SBA Loans - 486
Joining Citizens Business Bank means connecting with a team of dedicated associates that continually strive for new and innovative ways to meet and exceed the needs of our customers. As a top ranked bank, life at our company includes a working environment that thrives on collaboration, integrity, and mutual respect for one another. We encourage our associates to ask questions, learn, care deeply, and make an impact. Our dedication to customers and associates is at the core of our business culture and is represented by five core values: financial strength, superior people, customer focus, cost-effective operation, and having fun.
Credit Officer III
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB: The incumbent in this position is responsible for the review, financial analysis, and preparation of an RCE for presentation to CMD for approval.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complies with and stays abreast of all policies and procedures, federal and state laws applicable to the job.
- Provide, present and promote The Citizens Experience to all external and internal customers.
- Discusses proposed SBA loan request with referring officer.
- Reviews proposed SBA loan request for eligibility and general financial qualifications.
- Authorizes issuance of EOI if loan appears acceptable to CBB based on initial review.
- If borrower accepts EOI, officer spreads all financial statements and tax returns applicable to the proposed SBA loan request.
- Identifies missing documents necessary to complete RCE and requests SBA BDO to obtain.
- Completes RCE and presents to CMD for credit approval.
- If approved by CMD prepares Commitment Letter, obtains CMD approval and sends to borrower and all other applicable parties.
- Delivers entire file to applicable Packaging/Funding officer for processing.
- During credit analysis and RCE preparation, officer may be required to discuss loan with SBA and appropriate CDC.
- Coordinate with Zions and any interim lender that might be utilized for funding of first and/or second TD loans.
- If necessary, this officer may want to meet or talk with borrower, borrowers’ CPA/Accountant and visit site.
- This officer will also serve as an SBA information officer to any CBB personnel, prospects, customers or other persons in need of general information about SBA products, policies and procedures.
- This officer will also be expected to keep current on all SBA SOP changes and bulletins issued by SBA.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Excel and Word software and general operation of computers.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current driver's license.
Must be able to travel 15% of the time.
Incumbent must have a minimum of 5 years experience in SBA positions where the required duties of this position were performed. This person must have complete working knowledge of SBA Policies and Procedures as outlined in the SBA SOP. He or she must also be comfortable communicating with Senior Bank Officers, SBA District Personnel, Center Personnel, Borrowers, CPA's, Attorneys and other persons who might be involved in the process. They also must be able to work with others in a non-threatening manner so as to minimize disruptions and concurrently encourage cooperation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent; and a minimum of 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Citizens Business Bank is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We provide equal opportunity in all employment matters without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, age, genetic information, national origin, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law, for all qualified applicants and Citizens Business Bank associates.