Child Care Resource Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Child Care Resource Center
Work where your work matters. Work at CCRC:
CCRC prides itself as a workplace of choice for passionate talent, driven by our mission to cultivate child, family and community well-being. Whether the positon works directly with the public or supports our programs, every position is vital to our mission's success and reputation as a leader. We are not your typical non-profit. We are 800 people strong and growing!
Under minimal supervision, supervise, direct, coordinate and oversee day to day Facility operations including: mail and incoming shipment processing, office safety and security, maintenance, repairs and improvement activities for CCRC Palmdale facility. The supervisor will conduct performance appraisals, manage workflow, and coach staff. The supervisor will make independent decisions relating to the completion of assigned tasks according to agency standards, policies, and procedures. Incumbent serves as property liaison between vendors and various program departments. Requires collaboration with all levels of management and leadership staff. Position requires fundamental handy-man experience for labor tasks; skills for a wide range of basic repairs.
Key Areas of Responsibility included:
Within the team structure, provide overall office maintenance support/ assistance within the Facilities Dpartment:
- Supervise, direct, and plan the day-to-day work schedule of Facilities staff to ensure quality help desk support and timely resolution of work order requests. Responsible for training and development, performance management, and managing work time for direct reports.
- Conduct or arrange for staff training in safety, repair, and maintenance techniques, operational procedures or equipment use to upgrade skills, increase effectiveness and productivity.
- Mailroom/ Receiving Operations- oversee the daily processing and sorting, pickup and delivery of all inbound and outbound courier, mail and shipments.
- Oversee conference room daily scheduling activities.
Facilities Maintenance and Coordination- 40%
- Perform general maintenance repairs, tasks, and installation in the following areas of: Electricity, HVAC, Carpentry, Plumbing, Painting, Drywall, Floor Repair and Mechanical maintenance. Recommend and implement improvements of preventative maintenance programs.
- Respond to emergency situations and safe-off impacted systems in preparation for repair.
- Ensure compliance with applicable codes, standards, and procedures.
- Onsite property management and vendor liaison. Responsible for scheduling vendors for repairs and maintenance. Must complete repair requests, maintain follow up log, assess the severity of the problem and provide a timely resolution. Communicate with management and follow up with vendor to ensure problem is resolved.
- In conjunction with the Facilities Management team, coordinate the installation and relocation of furniture and equipment. Assist with all aspects of facility moves and remodels as necessary.
Facilities Support- 10%
- Lead and participate as a member of the site facilities emergency response team.
- Step in to fill the role of a direct report as needed.