CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
- Job ID
- # of Openings
CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center (HPMC) is an acute care facility that has been caring for the Hollywood community and surrounding areas since 1924. The hospital is committed to serving local multicultural communities with quality medical and nursing care. With more than 500 physicians representing virtually every specialty, HPMC strives to distinguish itself as a leading healthcare provider, recognized for providing quality, innovative care in a compassionate manner.
HPMC is part of a global healthcare enterprise which owns and operates general hospitals throughout Korea, numerous fertility and research centers in the U.S. and Korea including CHA Fertility Center, a medical university, and CHAUM (a premier anti-aging life center).
The Senior Accountant with assistance from the Staff Accountants will prepare and post all Journal Entries, Prepare Financial Statements, Supporting Documents, and assist in all Accounting functions for the hospital. This includes All AR entries, Payroll entries, Fixed Asset entries, Inventory and other expenses. The Senior Accountant reconciles the AR, Inventory and Fixed Asset accounts and is the lead for all audits and reviews both internal and external.
- Posting Patient Revenue contractual adjustments, Bad Debt and Credit balances
- Reconciling and posting entries, managing fixed assets and depreciation entries, and all corporate and intercompany transactions
- Calculates accruals for expenses including but not limited to, contract labor, utilities and other operating expenses.
- Oversees deposits of cash on time while keeping accurate accounting records.
- Keeps the manager up to date on all relevant and appropriate matters as it pertains to his/her position.
- Prepares monthly journal entries and maintains complete records of these transactions.
- Reconciles bank statements and keeps an accurate running total of cash on hand.
- Ensures monthly balance sheet account reconciliations are prepared timely and accurately.
- Monitors timeliness and accuracy of capitation payments received from payors.
- Ensures all payables are processed accurately and on time.
- Maintains a tracking system of all monthly capitation revenue, shared/full risk revenue
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and quarterly management reports in accordance to U.S. GAAP
- Oversees accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses and ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures;
- Ensures accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close processes making certain all financial reporting deadlines are met;
- Manages daily cash flow and determine excess cash for maximization of return;
- Supports of budget and forecast activities; including fluxes preparation against actual results.
- Prepares for financial audit and coordinate the audit process including working with external auditors
- Collects / analyzes financial information and develop and maintain financial databases;
- Ensures compliance with relevant laws and regulations and integrity of financial data;
- Assists with ad-hoc procedures and tasks as requested from management.
- Prepare monthly internal financial reports (budget vs actual, cash forecast, etc) for clinical operations management team that analyze and summarize primary clinical operations cost.
- Prepare accruals for primary clinical operations cost and work closely with the clinical operations departments to determine the accuracy of accrual calculations.
- Work closely with the clinical director to verify accuracy of clinical payments and cost.
Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business related field.
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work in a union environment.
- Knowledge of Healthcare and Financial Applications.
- Computer skills – Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Preferred Work Experience and Qualifications:
- At least three - five years, with hospital or general healthcare experience preferred.
- Knowledge of GAAP required and knowledge of IFRS, a plus.
Required Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation:
- Current Los Angeles County Fire Card required (within 30 days of employment).
Disclaimer, Compliance and Service Language:
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required. The incumbent may be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
COMPLIANCE & INTEGRITY: Consistently supports compliance and the Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center's Code of Conduct by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements (if applicable), and Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center's policies and procedures.
Models and reinforces ethical behavior in self and others in accordance to the Code of Conduct; adheres to organizational policies and guidelines; supports compliance initiatives; maintains confidences; admits mistakes; conducts business with honesty; shows consistency in words and actions; follows through on commitments. All Directors, Managers and Supervisors are accountable for communication, implementation, enforcement, monitoring and oversight of compliance policies and practices in their departments.
SERVICE & QUALITY: In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center, as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our patients, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
WORKPLACE SAFETY: In addition to defined working conditions and physical requirements, employees are accountable for working safely; following established policies & procedures; utilizing all designated protective personal equipment (PPE) and/or safety equipment assigned for task; and reporting all injuries and hazards to their supervisor immediately. Supervisors and Managers are accountable for ensuring the safety performance of employees; applying consistent practices in compliance with federal, state and local regulations; providing guidance to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.