CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Coordinator, Surgery / PACU
at CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
- Job ID
CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center (HPMC) is an acute care facility that has been caring for the Hollywood community and surrounding areas since 1924. The hospital is committed to serving local multicultural communities with quality medical and nursing care. With more than 500 physicians representing virtually every specialty, HPMC strives to distinguish itself as a leading healthcare provider, recognized for providing quality, innovative care in a compassionate manner.
HPMC is part of a global healthcare enterprise which owns and operates general hospitals throughout Korea, numerous fertility and research centers in the U.S. and Korea including CHA Fertility Center, a medical university, and CHAUM (a premier anti-aging life center).
Reporting to the Manager, this position is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating and providing high quality, individualized patient care using the components of the nursing process.
- Assisting in identifying and establishing nursing services goals that are consistent with the Medical Center’s values and strategic plans; develops strategies for achieving goals; and assures standard compliance with accepted professional and regulatory practices.
- Demonstrating effective communication methods and skills, using lines of authority appropriately.
- Performing efficiently in crisis and emergency situations, following established protocols, informing appropriate persons and documenting events.
- Demonstrating effective leadership skills.
- Utilizing a case management approach, plans, guides, directs, coordinates and collaboratively incorporates the overall aspects of patient care across the continuum by effectively communicating with physicians, staff and other disciplines.
- Making shift patient care assignments and providing direction to other members of the patient care team to coordinate all aspects of a nursing unit/department for assigned shift(s).
- Knowledgeable about and consistently enforces department policies and key provisions of the union labor agreement.
- Monitoring physiologic, psychological, cognitive status of patients and timely, reports changes to physicians and/or other appropriate personnel, includes follow-up on lab/test results.
- Providing direct patient care, evaluates outcomes, timely consults with other care providers as warranted and adjusts nursing care interventions appropriately to ensure optimal patient care, including placement of patients at the proper level of care.
- Demonstrating knowledge of age specific care, including but not limited to, identifying the need for additional safety measures, physiological normal values/readings; and assessing skin integrity, behavior, motor skills and/or activities that place patients at risk as well as communicates effectively in a clear, concise, understandable manner. Applicable for the populations checked below. Infant ( ) Pediatric ( ) Adult ( x ) Geriatric ( x )
- Practicing Universal Precautions.
- Providing a safe environment in which services are rendered; assures compliance with infection control standards and waste management practices; corrects hazardous condition in a timely manner; provides staff with safety related training; promotes safety in the performance of job function.
- Enhancing professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, staff meetings, in-services and successful completion and maintenance of required classes/certifications.
- Graduate of a RN Training Program.
- Completion of Basic EKG course.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field preferred.
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Preferred Work Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum three years progressive management experience in the field of expertise preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience in an acute care setting preferred.
Required Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation:
- Current California RN license
- BLS card
- Fire Card
Disclaimer, Compliance and Service Language:
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required. The incumbent may be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
COMPLIANCE & INTEGRITY: Consistently supports compliance and the Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center's Code of Conduct by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements (if applicable), and Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center's policies and procedures.
Models and reinforces ethical behavior in self and others in accordance to the Code of Conduct; adheres to organizational policies and guidelines; supports compliance initiatives; maintains confidences; admits mistakes; conducts business with honesty; shows consistency in words and actions; follows through on commitments. All Directors, Managers and Supervisors are accountable for communication, implementation, enforcement, monitoring and oversight of compliance policies and practices in their departments.
SERVICE & QUALITY: In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center, as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our patients, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
WORKPLACE SAFETY: In addition to defined working conditions and physical requirements, employees are accountable for working safely; following established policies & procedures; utilizing all designated protective personal equipment (PPE) and/or safety equipment assigned for task; and reporting all injuries and hazards to their supervisor immediately. Supervisors and Managers are accountable for ensuring the safety performance of employees; applying consistent practices in compliance with federal, state and local regulations; providing guidance to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.