CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Business / Administrative / Clerical
CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center (HPMC) is an acute care facility that has been caring for the Hollywood community and surrounding areas since 1924. The hospital is committed to serving local multicultural communities with quality medical and nursing care. With more than 500 physicians representing virtually every specialty, HPMC strives to distinguish itself as a leading healthcare provider, recognized for providing quality, innovative care in a compassionate manner.
HPMC is part of a global healthcare enterprise which owns and operates general hospitals throughout Korea, numerous research centers in the U.S. and Korea including a medical university, and CHAUM (a premier anti-aging life center).
To obtain accurate demographic and financial data through the interview process, in a timely and professional manner, while treating our customer with courtesy, compassion and respect.
- Verbalizes and/or demonstrates knowledge of clinical information and practices essential to assuring provision of age-specific care to infants, children, adolescents, adults and geriatrics.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, staff meetings, inservices/workshops and successful completion and maintenance of required certifications.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the skill of interviewing patients and or family member to obtain the required demographic and financial data.
- Provides forms and factual information, which requires comprehension and signatures. Obtains translator service if necessary.
- Photocopies insurance notification cards, reviews for authorization requirements and follow-up as appropriate.
- Obtains eligibility and or authorizations and documents it by end of shift or within a 24 hour period.
- Prepares and delivers to appropriate department or individual, the patient’s addressograph, armband/ID (placed on patient prior to leaving department) and chart as required to initiate patient care.
- score: N/APrioritizes registration and transportation per patient medical or scheduling needs.
- Distributes copies of all patient documents to appropriate departments as assigned.
- Coordinates volunteer duties, i.e. (delivery of documents, patient, etc.).
- Updates patient demographic and financial information, as made available and notifies appropriate interested parties, i.e. (MD, UR department, etc.
- Retrieves/delivers patient valuables/provides receipts and secures in hospital safe.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of roles during emergency/disaster situations.
- Takes into consideration the age specific needs of the geriatric patient, assuring repeating of questions/comments as well as any special physical need.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of computer downtime protocol.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of department equipment and proper usage.
- Exhibits appropriate telephone/fax/beeper protocol, i.e. answers promptly, identifies name and department and is courteous and helpful, and has knowledge of commonly used extensions.
- Incorporates medical center’s mission of “quality care with compassion and respect” into daily performance of job functions.
- Understands and can verbalize VBP goals/targets.
- Consistently participates in the unit and hospital specific action plans to improve HCAHPS scores.
- Is able to use AIDET in all settings.
- Understands is individually accountable for achieving Core Measures, HCAHPS and other VBP goals.
- Consistently supports compliance and the Code of Conduct (Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center's code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and license requirements (if applicable), and Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center's policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associates Degree
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications:
- One year of experience in a hospital or healthcare setting to include admitting responsibilities.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Bilingual preferred and demonstrate excellent public relation and communication skills.
- 30 wpm typing.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Preferred Work Experience and Qualifications:
Required Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation: