Caltech Employees FCU
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Specialist
at Caltech Employees FCU
CEFCU is currently searching for a qualified and experienced Human Resources Specialist. The successful candidate will perform Human Resources related duties in the areas of payroll, benefits administration, leaves of absence and workers compensation. Duties and assignments may be expanded to other areas of Human Resources as needed.
The Duties and Responsibilities of this position are as follows:
1. Enters new employee information in the payroll system in preparation for their arrival
2. Approves changes submitted by staff via self-service
3. Responds to staff inquiries with regard to password resets and questions about timecard and timekeeping
4. Verifies that timecards are completed accurately with all required information and that employee and supervisor approvals are obtained
5. Processes bi-weekly payroll accurately and ethically
6. Processes additional checks as necessary, such as bonus checks, termination checks, etc.
7. Runs and reviews payroll reports to ensure accurate payroll processing
8. Prepares additional reports as necessary, such as the Overtime Report
9. Prepares and updates payroll binder by running designated reports and ensuring that all documentation is filed appropriately
10. Creates 401(k) report and transmits 401(k) and 457(b) contributions
11. Reviews quarterly and annual reports for accuracy, and verifies and distributes W-2s
12. Completes labor statistics reports
1. Reviews and reconciles monthly benefit billings
2. Processes enrollments, terminations and changes
3. Works with benefits broker to prepare open enrollment communications
4. Prepares and sends COBRA notifications and processes requests
5. Updates ADP WFN HR & Benefits module with new benefits carriers, rates, etc.
6. Verifies ACA forms are accurate prior to approval
7. Works with VP HR and broker to coordinate open enrollment
Leaves of Absence:
1. Provides documentation to employees upon notification of the need for a leave of absence
2. Tracks leaves of absence and provides notification to employees of time available
3. Creates communications for employees on leave, advising them of important document requirements, coordination of benefits, insurance payments, etc.
4. Obtains appropriate documentation from employees and maintains records
1. Directs employees to treatment centers for care
2. Provides claim form to employees and ensures return receipt
3. Reports work-related injuries with carrier
4. Communicates and receives updates with claims representative throughout open claim
Performs other duties as assigned
Performs all duties in compliance with credit union policies, procedures, and appropriate regulatory statutes
Skill / Requirements
· Minimum five years payroll and HR-related experience
· Extensive and deep knowledge of payroll processing and applicable wage and hour laws
· Experience with ADPs Workforce Now preferred
· Knowledge of state and federal labor laws
· Ability to uphold confidentiality standards, and exercise discretion, good judgment and diplomacy
· Working knowledge of various Microsoft Office computer programs, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
· Excellent time management skills, well organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple priorities
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
· Must be bondable by the credit unions insurance agency