Bank of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Collections & Recovery Specialist I/II Bilingual
at Bank of America
The Collections & Recovery Specialist I works in the Collections and Recovery Operations environment and is typically aligned with routine inbound or outbound collections calling processes. This role can work in any stage of delinquency and frequently requires guidance on non-routine situations. Primary responsibilities are collections, customer servicing, submitting extension requests and other loss mitigation and recovery activities. Contacts delinquent customers in order to secure payment and determine reason for delinquency on active or inactive loan, deposit and/or credit card accounts. In the recovery area, collectors will work with customer to establish full balance repayment plans or settlements. Works an established list of accounts on an automated collections system and/or auto-dialer. This person can resolve routine billing inquiries and negotiate payment arrangements to cure delinquent accounts. Understands and educates customers on account terms and alternate payment programs and methods. Navigates a computerized data entry system and other relevant applications while staying within our regulatory and compliance guidelines within Collections. Responsibility for the mitigation of losses. Generally less than one year of collections experience.
- Ability to work within the operating hours and days for this position as outlined in the posted job requisition.
- Customer service experience, demonstrated commitment to providing quality customer service.
- Proven history of dependability.
- At least an intermediate ability in computer skills. Ability to navigate multiple computer systems while interacting with the customer.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet business needs.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Ability to think critically and use good, sound judgment in decision making.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively handle difficult client issues.
- Proficiency in dealing with customers issues in both a routine and complex environment.
- Ability to multi-task and proven track record of working independently.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes in the environment.
- Bilingual Spanish Required
- College degree or commensurate work experience preferred.
- 2-4 years of customer service experience.
- Inbound/Outbound call center experience.
- Banking/financial services experience.
- Knowledge of banking operations.
Shift:2nd shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40