Azusa Pacific University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Graphic Design Faculty
at Azusa Pacific University
Position Title: Graphic Design Faculty
Position Tracking Number: F706
School/College: School of Visual and Performing Arts/College of the Arts
Department: Department of Design
Location: Azusa Campus
Description: The Azusa Pacific University Department of Design invites applicants for the position of Graphic Design Faculty. The department, which consists of five full-time faculty members, offers a Bachelor of Arts in Design, a new Master of Arts in User Experience Design, and a new Master of Arts in Web Design.
Specialization: Graphic Design
- Teach the equivalent of a three-quarter time load each academic year.
- Current courses include Introduction to Computer Graphics, Graphic Design I-IV, Adaptive Design, Art Internship, History of Graphic Design, Graphic Design Processes, Multimedia, and portfolio.
- Responsibilities include advising students, curriculum development, and participating in annual student reviews.
- Assist in coordinating professional experience opportunities and internships for students, and participation in the development of the new Department of Design.
- Candidate will be encouraged to discuss and/or help reshape the design program in innovative ways, as well as participate in various departmental activities that contribute to overall collegiality.
- General faculty responsibilities include student advising and departmental assignments.
- Applicants should present evidence of teaching excellence and active scholarship and participation in the field.
Level: Assistant/Associate Professor in Design
M.F.A. in Art/Design, with significant professional design experience. Areas of expertise may include graphic design (general), digital-based design, time-based media (motion graphics), visual story-telling, and/or interactive design. Philosophically will value the idea of building design skills based from a strong grounding in the visual arts. Candidate must be committed to the liberal arts educational mission and evangelical Christian orientation of the University. A commitment to excellence in undergraduate teaching, mentoring students, and scholarship is emphasized.
Membership in AIGA and/or other pertinent professional organizations; likewise, keeping abreast of the ever-changing aspects of graphic design as a profession.
Workload: One-year, half-time faculty position
Hire Date: August 2018
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Ability to collaborate with other faculty and staff and maintain collegial relations.
- Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Candidates must align with Azusa Pacific University's Christian identity. Faculty members are expected to sign a Statement of Faith (available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe), to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook, and to integrate the Christian faith in teaching and scholarship.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.