Azusa Pacific University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Evaluation Specialist - Graduate and Professional Registrar
at Azusa Pacific University
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
The primary responsibility of this position is assuring that student’s needs are met regarding assessment of transfer credits through the management of the evaluation process as professional students apply for and complete a professional undergraduate degree at APU. This position is also responsible for promoting consistency and clarity in the area of transfer guidelines and articulation agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Familiarity with higher education. Two to four years experience with databases and/or university student services.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Perform specialized activities by providing program representatives/academic records counselors and departments with accurate and current information regarding the transferability of courses taken at other colleges and universities for the program, which a student intends to pursue, or complete at APU.
- Evaluate transfer work from regionally accredited colleges and universities for the Entry-level Master’s (ELM) program, and create corresponding transfer guidelines.
- Evaluate transfer work from regionally accredited colleges and universities, Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT), CSU Breadth, IGETC certification, Advanced Placement and CLEP for course equivalency with APU courses to clear major, GE requirements, and elective courses.
- Performs transfer evaluations for applicants as requested by the Graduate and Professional Recruitment Program Representatives in Azusa and at the Regional Centers in a timely manner.
- Record and maintain pertinent information in evaluation process to respond to student inquiries and track completed and pending evaluations.
- Post transferable courses to the student’s academic record initially at the time of admission, and on an ongoing bases as official transcripts are submitted by the student which enables students, Academic Record’s Counselors and academic departments to access the student’s academic advising report which provides clarity on the student’s progress in completing an APU degree.
- Interpret and communicate policies regarding evaluation to Program Representatives, Academic Records Counselors, and academic departments for counseling students and staff.
- Research and review college catalogs to compare course descriptions and syllabi to verify equivalency with APU and create transfer guidelines for prospective students.
- Participates in development of Graduate and Professional policies and practices as related to the processes for all evaluations, tracking and degree audits.
- Represents the Office of the Registrar on assignments and committees as delegated by the Registrar or Associate Registrar.
- Informs the Associate Registrar of situations or pending problems, which would prevent the delivery of services to students, faculty, or staff, or lessen the quality of these services.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Committed to a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values diversity.
- Support, affirm, and sustain the beliefs, values, and mission of the university in all facets of one’s role and through the university’s daily living expectations.
- Assists with Commencement planning and execution, and is required to work all commencement events (Winter and Spring) of each calendar year.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the Associate Registrar.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Good organizational, problem solving, and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to balance a variety of tasks and demands.
- Typing speed of 45 wpm and knowledge of office operations.
- Ability to work under pressure, exuding a mature demeanor while multi-tasking in a deadline oriented environment with accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team, as well as an independent contributor.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretionary skills in determining when to act independently and when to consult management prior to taking action.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Requires repetitive motions and sitting at computer keyboard.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Able to conduct business at other offices on campus.
- Able to lift, bend, grasp, reach, lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
- Reading, writing notes, and computer monitor.
- Pleasant office, comfortable temperature.
- Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
Grade 6: $17.71 - $23.03
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.