Azusa Pacific University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Director of Graduate and Professional Recruitment - Graduate and Professional Admissions
at Azusa Pacific University
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is pleasing to God and edifying to one another.
The Associate Director of Graduate and Professional Recruitment serves to provide leadership, industry expertise and overarching supervision of Program Representatives within the Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions. The primary focus of this position is to support overall enrollment and revenue goals by providing vision and innovation that enhance and support APU’s recruitment efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- Five - Eight years of professional experience working with people in a customer service and/or recruiting/sales environment. Previous admissions experience is required.
- Demonstrated advancement in leadership roles.
- Demonstrated ability to use technology to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and customer service.
- Experience using database systems and data analytics to inform strategic decisions.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Leads overarching office supervision of the recruitment division as part of the Graduate and Professional Admissions Leadership Team. Stands in for the Director as needed.
- Leads and drives all recruitment related strategic enrollment/ recruitment projects in the office. This includes CRM campaign communication development and execution, social media activity, recruiting policy and procedures, and annual Competitor Survey development and publication.
- Ensures uninterrupted recruitment office functionality to support the university’s enrollment and revenue goals.
- Leads and supervises the Graduate and Professional Admissions recruitment office division in the midst of ever-changing technology. This includes hiring, training, coaching, and providing professional development direction etc.
- Travels to and attends relevant technical and industry related conferences to keep abreast of current enrollment management technologies and other recruitment/ enrollment trends.
- Serves as the primary interdepartmental recruitment division leadership contact; proactively communicating recruitment policies and procedures to internal and external constituents.
- Provides accurate and timely data and partners with the Director and other members of the Admissions leadership staff in data analysis.
- Collaborates with the Director of Graduate and Professional Recruitment to assist with strategic planning and provide vision for the office.
- Leads the recruitment office division to bring exceptional customer service to all students, staff and academic departments, supporting university enrollment goals.
- Required to work one Saturday commencement event (Winter or Spring) a calendar year.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Committed to a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values diversity.
- Support, affirm, and sustain the beliefs, values, and mission of the university in all facets of one's role and through the university's daily living expectations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills, excellent communication and problem solving skills, ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion.
- Ability to develop and deliver public presentations.
- Office management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in data entry, analysis and quality control monitoring.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage details and follow through.
- Must be collaborative and an effective team member and team builder.
- Ability to affirm, support, and sustain the identity statements in agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Possess a high level of initiative.
- Ability to learn, retain and document procedures and policy information.
- Ability to cope with regular interruptions.
- Requires repetitive motion and sitting at computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Meetings may require walking and/or driving to various University locations.
- Availability to drive and travel locally, and on occasion, nationally. Must be currently licensed to drive in the state of California.
- Ability to pull, push, bend, grasp, reach and lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to climb stairs multiple times in a work day.
- Computer monitor and reading.
- Reading/viewing instructions, documentation, and printed application materials in both physical and digital formats.
- Ability to drive and travel locally within the community and to other APU facilities.
- Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature.
- Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel. Familiarity with PeopleSoft preferred.
- Grade 12: $63,796 - $82,934
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.