Azusa Pacific University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Registrar, Academic Progress - Undergraduate Registrar
at Azusa Pacific University
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
The Undergraduate Assistant Registrar primary responsibilities are twofold: acting as the supervisor of the Academic Records Specialist Team for the Office of the Undergraduate Registrar and the participation in the Undergraduate Registrar’s Leadership Team. Supervisory duties encompass managing the processes of degree checks, degree posting and the academic records specialist team, participating in the building of academic policies related to degree clearance, participating in the management of online software for degree checks, and participation in the Petitions and Exceptions Committee related to academic policy exceptions and academic clearance for commencement.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master’s preferred
- Three - five years in a related field in management or higher education. Registrar experience in a university setting preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Supervises and manages all functions related to the Academic Records Specialist Team including degree checks, graduation clearance, degree posting, and reporting graduation numbers. Is responsible for setting procedural and systematic approaches to general student needs in this area.
- Oversees degree checks and determines if those filing Graduation Application forms have met UG degree and graduation requirements (major, general education, honors, GPA requirements, and minimum units). Coordinates the flow of academic information (policy, correspondence, CLEP, holds, ministry hours) to insure timely responses from the Academic Records Specialists team. Manages the distribution of commencement tickets to students.
- Represents the Undergraduate Registrar’s Office on the Commencement Coordination Committee and serves as a commencement staff member at all graduation events.
- Manages the NCAA Academic Records Specialist and has oversight over NCAA academic compliance.
- Works along with the Associate Director, Undergraduate Registrar and Data Systems, and Data Systems Administrator for Articulation and PeopleSoft support, in setting protocols for transfer standards at APU. Responsible for communicating all changes or additions to transfer policies to Academic Records Specialist Team.
- Coordinates the activities of the Academic Records Specialist Team to determine Title IV course compliance, and Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Directs all functions related to academic forms through formstack and reviews and signs Request for Additional Units forms.
- Manages process of creating degree checks and academic records specialist operational manuals for training and process improvement, and is responsible for the maintenance of the information.
- Works with the Associate Director of Undergraduate Enrollment Services Center and the Marketing Manager to coordinate communication strategies for changes to policies and/or procedures that affect the undergraduate student body and their academic progress.
- Serves as the primary resource for faculty and staff in regards to undergraduate academic forms, policies related to student progress, degree checks and posting, general education and other registrar policies applicable to academic progress.
- Coordinates the Academic Records Specialist Team’s participation in seasonal client-heavy times related to new student orientation, registration, pre-registration, add/drop and commencement.
- Chairs the Commencement Policy Petition Committee to establish consistent policies regarding exceptions to graduation policies and standards.
- Responsible for the oversight of the new student Registration Process including collaboration with Undergraduate Enrollment Services Center, Admissions, Academic Advising, and Registrar teams.
- Responsible for the Oversight of registration process including class permission and wait list
- Acts as a liaison between Undergraduate Enrollment Services Center and Registrar Data Team on the implementation and ongoing maintenance of system of record technologies and initiatives.
- Responsible to act as Undergraduate Enrollment Services Center supervisor in the Associate Directors absence
- Participates collaboratively with members of the Undergraduate Registrar’s Leadership team to maximize opportunities for process improvement and overall management strategies of the UG Registrar’s office that support university-wide strategic goals.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Undergraduate Registrar.
- Excellent computer skills and able to micro manage complex database information.
- Good organization and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of office procedures.
- Strong management skills.
- Strong delegation skills.
- Strong evaluation skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to supervise, develop and to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, exuding a mature demeanor while multi-tasking in a deadline oriented environment with accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team, as well as an independent contributor.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretionary skills in determining when to act independently and when to consult management prior to taking action.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Requires repetitive motions and sitting at computer keyboard.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Ability to conduct business at other offices on campus.
- Ability to lift, bend, grasp, reach, lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
- Intermittent sitting, standing and walking.
- Ability to lift, pull, grasp, reach to top of five-drawer file cabinets and stoop to lower file drawers.
- Reading, writing notes, and computer monitor.
- Pleasant office, comfortable temperature.
- Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Grade 9: $49,045 - $63,759 annual
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.