Azusa Pacific University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Application Maintenance Specialist - Undergraduate Admissions
at Azusa Pacific University
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
The primary functions of this position are to process application materials, specifically college and high school transcripts, as well as to assist with data processing and data entry for both the PeopleSoft Campus Solutions (CS) database and the TargetX Student Relationship Management (SRM) systems. Secondary duties involve managing the process for receipt of deposits assisting peers with scanning and indexing Undergraduate Admissions documents and general database maintenance.
- Some college work required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of admissions-related experience preferred.
- 1-2 years of data entry and data management preferred.
- 2-3 years of records management experience required.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Calculating both high school and college grade point averages (GPAs) using unofficial and official transcripts.
- Collaborate with Processing Manager and Directors with processing policy and procedures.
- Train and onboard new staff members as needed.
- Retrain and refresh peers on new policies and procedures.
- Manage GPA processing turnaround time, especially during seasonal rush time.
- Research latest high school trends and relevant GPA calculation standards in the industry.
- Manage process to receive and process enrollment deposits and application fees.
- Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Very strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage details and follow through.
- Self-starter, able to self-motivate and self-manage daily tasks
- Must be collaborative and an effective team member and team builder.
- Strong Math and problem solving skills.
- Ability to research online and call educational institutions to correctly interpret transcripts.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and discretionary skills in determining when to act independently and when to consult management prior to taking an action.
- Ability to work under pressure, managing multiple tasks in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to be accurate and precise, focusing attention throughout many steps of complex processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team, as well as an independent contributor.
- Discernment and discretion while handling confidential information.
- Ability to maintain focus and attention to detail while performing repetitive tasks.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Computer usage for extended periods of time.
- Repetitive arm, wrist, finger motions with use of computer.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Meetings may require walking and/or driving to various University locations.
- Ability to pull, push, bend, grasp, reach and lift up to 20 lbs., as well as reach top of four-drawer file cabinet or stoop to reach bottom drawer of four-drawer file cabinet.
- Must be able to climb stairs multiple times in a work day.
- Extensive looking at computer screens for large parts of the workday.
- Examining transcripts, often with small print, to interpret coursework and calculate GPAs.
- Reading/viewing instructions, documentation, and printed application materials in both printed and digital formats.
- Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature.
- Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with Salesforce and TargetX CRM platforms preferred.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions preferred.
- Grade 5: $16.11 - $20.94/hour
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.