Azusa Pacific University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrative Assistant - VP for Enrollment Management
at Azusa Pacific University
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
This person will be responsible for all administrative functions and various projects and tasks assigned by the Executive Assistant and the Vice President of Graduate/Professional and Student Services.
- BA degree preferred, or equivalent education/experience
- Strong computer competence: experience with Microsoft Word required; experience with Microsoft Access, Excel, Visio and graphic/page layout programs preferred.
- Type 45 wpm with accuracy.
- Strong writing skills with correct English usage with strong spelling, grammatical and compositional language skills.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Performs duties administrative support duties such as but not limited to, answering main telephone lines, scheduling appointments, receiving and relaying messages, typing, faxing, filing, and copying.
- Manage and maintains multiple Executive Directors’ calendar, scheduling appointments and meetings.
- Assists with special projects and tasks as needed for multiple Executive Director’s spans of care.
- Coordinates events, meeting planning and implementation.
- Organizes daily office function, meeting folders, in and out-going mail and greeting guests.
- Assist for paperwork/forms funnel, assuring timely turn around and documentation.
- Prepares expense reports, check requests, and purchase requisitions; assists in budget preparations. Keeps records of expenditures with duplicates of receipts. Processes professional memberships as needed.
- Manages and maintains the hard copy filing systems for the Office for Graduate/Non-Traditional Enrollment and Student Services.
- Assists in travel arrangements and conference accommodations as appointed.
- Uses Microsoft Office and Google to complete tasks, including Google Calendar, Google Mail, Google Docs, Google Sites, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel spreadsheets and other software programs.
- Data entry for Task Stream.
- Oversees student workers work load and delegation.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Executive Assistant or Vice President.
- Provides regular monitoring and tracking of assigned department budgets.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to balance a variety of tasks and demands.
- Motivated self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to perform duties with minimum supervision.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Requires repetitive motions and sitting at computer keyboard.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Able to conduct business at other offices on campus.
- Able to lift, bend, grasp, reach, lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
- Attend meetings on other campus locations.
- Computer monitor, reading.
- Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature.
- Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Visio.
- Grade 6: $17.72 - $23.03
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.