Azusa Pacific University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Adjunct Faculty - Licensed Psy.D Group Supervisor , Community Counseling Center
at Azusa Pacific University
The Community Counseling Center is an inter-disciplinary mental health site staffed by Psy.D., MFT, and Social Work students. We invite applications for candidates with training, clinical practice, and supervisory skills to work as part of our team.
Specialization: Community Mental Health
The Community Counseling Center (CCC) is currently seeking a licensed Psy.D./PhD to render group supervision and training to 2nd Year PsyD practicum students to be held on Tuesdays throughout the academic year. The group supervisor role is an adjunct assignment within the CCC, reporting to the Psy.D. Practicum Program Supervisor, in accordance with APA standards, organizational mission, and funding body requirements. Position focuses on clinical supervision, training, onboarding and evaluation of Psy.D. students, quality assurance and oversight of service outcomes, and working within a multidisciplinary leadership team.
- Oversees all clinical services conducted by Psy.D. supervisees
- Ensures adequate supervision and training of supervisees per American Psychological Association standards
- Provides direct clinical supervision to, at least, one 2-hour Psy.D. supervision group (approximately 4-5 trainees) on a weekly basis
- Oversees caseload assignments and ensures that practicum students reach and maintain a minimum of 8 client cases
- Reviews case records, ensuring quality and maintenance of proper clinical documentation
- Audits clinic and school-based documentation on a quarterly basis
- Remains available and “on call” while supervisees are conducting both school-based and center-based clinical services
- Provides formative and summative evaluations of supervisees and recommends indicated actions
- Proactively manages student performance in collaboration with CCC leadership and faculty
- Attends weekly Psy.D. supervisor meetings
Qualifications: Licensed Psy.D./PhD, or license eligible
Experience: Administrative and clinical experience in a community mental health setting. Experience in the provision of supervision and mental health treatment service with primary and secondary school-populations preferred.
Workload: Assigned supervisorial duties will not exceed 2-4 units per semester. Total workload will be approximately 4 hours per week if hired for 2 adjunct units, 8 hours per week if hired for 4 adjunct units.
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information
- Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form
- Ability to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time
- Visual acuity to read words and numbers
- Sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment
- Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the telephone
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa, California, United States