Azusa Pacific University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Academic Services Coordinator - School of Education
at Azusa Pacific University
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is pleasing to God and edifying to one another.
The Academic Services Coordinator reports to the Assistant Dean for Academic Planning and Accreditation and also supports the Assistant Dean for Student Academic Services and the Assistant Dean for Outreach and Engagement. The Coordinator provides administrative direction for issues within the span of care of the Assistant Deans. The Academic Services Coordinator is responsible for tracking student success; identifying roadblocks that impede student progression through academic programs; ensuring continuity, consistency, and quality in the level of support provided to students from initial enrollment to program completion; and developing and implementing plans and solutions to address concerns identified in these areas. The Coordinator serves as a main point of contact for all graduate students, working with faculty and department staff to seek timely solutions to student concerns, with the goal of supporting academic success. Central to this role is a focus on holistic student development and retention. This position requires some evening and weekend hours related to programming and event coordination.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution required, with strong preference for a degree in college counseling, student development, or related field.
- At least three years of progressively responsible professional experience in academic and student affairs, preferably at the graduate level.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Duties on behalf of the Assistant Dean for Student Academic Services
- Improve communication related to academic support and academic policies (e.g., develop and implement a newsletter, develop email reminders around academic deadlines)
- Communicate with all involved stakeholders (e.g., students, Program Directors, Registrar) on Academic Affairs issues (e.g., degree time limit, probation, dismissal)
- Oversee School of Education scholarship processes on behalf of the Assistant Dean for Student Academic Services
- Review and provide feedback on School and Program Handbooks annually
- Coordinate and track all Academic Affairs related decisions under the direction of the Assistant Dean for Student Academic Services
- Duties on behalf of the Assistant Dean for Outreach and Engagement
- Develop and oversee Professional Development Events (e.g., Hiring Fair, Career Seminar), Recruitment Events (e.g., Information Sessions, APU Preview), Outreach Events (e.g., Alumni Awards) on behalf of the Assistant Dean for Outreach and Engagement
- Oversee all Test Preparation activities (e.g., registration for services, budget, coordinating RICA workshops)
- Develop and implement a School of Education Marketing Plan in collaboration with the Assistant Dean for Outreach and Engagement and other stakeholders
- Improve communication related to alumni and professional services (e.g., develop and implement a newsletter, make better use of social media)
- Duties on behalf of the Assistant Dean for Academic Planning and Accreditation
- Oversee all catalog review and updates on behalf of the Assistant Dean for Academic Planning and Accreditation
- Improve class schedule activities including updating the system, monitoring past enrollment patterns, coordinating processing of forms with the Registrar and academic programs
- Develop and facilitate School of Education’s Research Symposium Day
- Provide curricular support to School of Education programs (e.g., new program launches, sunset or teachout of programs)
- Provide staff support to the SoE Curriculum Committee including scheduling, agendas, minutes
- Collaborate with and support Department Chairs to ensure quality, productive Department Advisory Board meetings occur at least twice annually
- Administrative Duties in Support of the Dean’s Office
- Coordinate New Student Orientations, ensuring relevant and timely information is provided to new students in collaboration with other staff in the Dean’s Office
- Monitor and Direct incoming communication, including phone calls and School of Education general email
- General phone and reception duties to support the work of the Dean’s Office
- Support School of Education grant development activities
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties related to job description as requested by the supervisor.
- Must possess strong communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with administrators, faculty, and students.
- Knowledge of higher education academic systems
- Ability to provide academic support from a holistic student development perspective is critical.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products, including Word and Excel.
- Able to use computer, data systems in the School of Education, and spreadsheets with skill and accuracy.
- Ability to collaborate and a commitment to a team-based approach.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Strong organizational skills, initiative, flexibility.
- Able to work independently, under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to learn procedures and retain information.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretionary skills in determining when to act independently and when to consult management prior to taking action.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Regular use of computer keyboards, requiring repetitive wrist and finger motions.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Ability to lift, pull, stoop to lower file drawers and reach to top of five-drawer file cabinet.
- Able to lift up to 20lbs. occasionally.
- Computer monitor and reading.
- Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature.
- Proficient in Google Apps, PeopleSoft, Taskstream, Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Grade 7: $19.49 - $25.33
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.