AvalonBay Communities Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Portfolio Operations Director
at AvalonBay Communities Inc.
- Job ID
- Experience (Years)
- Property Management
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. At AvalonBay, every day you can make a difference in someone's life. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. From helping someone choose one of our communities as their home to providing great service throughout a resident's stay to supporting your fellow associates, your positive, professional and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work. Our purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement - set us apart.
So if you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with the top property management organization in the country, we'd like to hear from you! We are looking for the right candidate to join our property operations team as a Portfolio Operations Director in the greater Orange County area.
Responsible for the management of a medium portfolio (5-7) of assigned communities including all operational and financial (revenue and expense) performance, customer satisfaction and retention, personnel management and retail tenant management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage all of the operational and financial aspects of a portfolio of assigned communities to contribute to AVB’s annual business goals.
- Develop, implement and monitor the effectiveness of programs to maximize revenue (residential and retail), control expense, improve customer satisfaction and manage on-site personnel.
- Resolve employee relation issues and provide developmental support to subordinates via coaching, counseling, and training. Identifies succession candidates and design career development plans as appropriate.
- Manage customer service issues, at the community or portfolio level, through analysis of customer service survey results and the development and implementation of a solution. Monitor the effectiveness of implemented solutions.
- Develop annual operating budgets and present in accordance with established timeframes.
- Participate as a member on capital improvement project teams for both rehabs and new apartment communities.
- Identify and analyze economic trends in the local market to determine the impact on the portfolio.
- Manage the communication of information top down and bottom up to ensure senior management and on-site staff are aware of business/market issues.
- Implement or direct the implementation of all applicable AVB policies and procedures. Ensure compliance as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws, specifically Fair Housing regulations.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or 5 years of progressive responsibility in property management, hospitality or retail industry.
- 5+ years of multi-site, multi-family, multi-property type operational management experience in the role of a Portfolio Manager or a comparable role in hotel/resort management.
- Managing property rehab and development projects from planning, to implementation, to completion.
- 5 years of real estate experience in the local regional real estate market
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.