Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
OSP/ISP Field Engineering Technician 2
at Avacend, Inc.
- 3-6 month contract in the Los Angeles metro area.
- Responsible for performing customer site visits.
- Under close supervision, performs basic functions requiring technical knowledge utilizing electronic applications, processes, standards and document control processes/procedures for the purpose of creating or modifying deliverable.
- Evaluates methods used to accomplish the drafting and/or design activities.
- Responsible for field work around the Los Angeles suburban metro and occasionally other metro areas in the state to take pictures, measurements, document existing facilities, and obtain design information in preparation for OSP network design.
- Performs field ride out, data collection, and engineering for the design of aerial, underground, and buried fiber optic facilities.
- This job requires frequent travel (50-75%) around the surrounding Los Angeles metro areas and some could be further outside the metro.
- Limited overnight travel expected.
- Contractor will follow B&V travel policy at all times.
- Continues to learn and remains current on departmental design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and B&V policies and procedures.
- Applies to assigned tasks as appropriate.
Quality & Continuous Improvement:
- Continues developing knowledge and complies with B&V quality program relative to assigned tasks.
- Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
- Contributes to preparation of engineering deliverables such as drawings, reports, specifications, and studies of limited scope.
- Performs research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection.
- Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering work.
- Prepares engineering calculations following standard methods and principles.
- Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality requirements.
- Coordinates documents, reviews plans, uploads documents into data bases.
- Seeks out supervisor or project leadership to share information and gain guidance with respect to details of design and interdisciplinary coordination.
- Coordinates with others as assigned by supervisor or project leadership.
- Update schedules, updates forecasts, prints plans, and submits plans.
- Focuses on the needs of internal clients (project team leadership) while attempting to gain basic understanding of external client's main interests and drivers.
- May provide support to business development or pursuit activities.
- Field Tech experience.
- Data collection.
- Valid DL with clean motor vehicle report.
- Prefer prior Fiber/OSP field data collection experience, if not that then utility pole data collection.
Diploma or Certificate preferred:
- Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred.
- Typically a minimum of 1 year related work experience.
Preferred Non-Technical Skills:
- Learning on the Fly.
- Problem Solving.
- Time Management.
- Drive for Results.
- Self Development.
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Intermediate knowledge of Computer Automated Drafting Design (CADD) or other applications or design or modeling skills.
- Basic knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and Black and Veatch policies and procedures.
- Basic industry knowledge and technology trends.
- Basic knowledge of company quality program.
- Basic ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned.