Aspire Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Recruiter - Los Angeles Region
at Aspire Public Schools
Aspire Public Schools operates 40 high-performing, college-preparatory public charter schools serving 16,500 students in underserved communities across California and in Memphis, Tennessee. Founded in 1998, Aspire is one of the nation’s largest open-enrollment public charter school systems serving predominantly low-income students, and delivering a rigorous College for Certain education to students in grades K-12.
Our promise at Aspire Public Schools is that every child receives a high-quality education to prepare them for success in college, career and life. Every day, our community of students, parents, teachers and staff come together to learn and grow so that every child’s aspirations are within reach.
Reporting to the Sr. Talent Manager or Director of Talent and working in partnership with Regional Leadership Teams, you will source and cultivate candidates, work with regional and site based leaders to create hiring strategies, and build pipelines of diverse, high-quality candidates for roles across Aspire. This incredibly impactful role gives the Recruiter the opportunity to build relationships inside of one of the nation’s leading charter management organizations and meaningfully contribute to student success through the recruitment of quality teachers and staff.
What You Will Do:
- Establish and maintain relationships with hiring managers and regional leaders to understand and support with staffing needs
- Establish and maintain relationships with universities/colleges and other organizations to serve as the primary liaison to career services offices, department offices, campus groups and organizations, faculty, and students
- Build a pipeline and source qualified candidates according to relevant job criteria, using online platforms, social media, networking, job fairs, recruitment events, email campaigns, cold calls and employee referrals
- Execute an internal recruitment strategy in order to build pipelines of current teammates interested in career growth within Aspire
- Screen and refer applicants to hiring managers, making hiring recommendations when appropriate
- Check-in regularly with hiring managers and candidates to ensure seamless interview and hiring processes
- Evaluate recruitment and selection criteria and make recommendations for process improvement
- Stay current on Talent philosophies and approaches and integrate best practices
- Exemplify Aspire values and high levels of integrity and humility, and interest in Aspire Public Schools mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior
- Perform other duties, as assigned
What You Will Bring
- 1-2 years of experience in full-cycle recruiting, preferably in K-12 or higher education
- Knowledge of K-12 education strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills; proven experience working and collaborating well with various levels
- Self-driven with superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to think strategically and tactically
- Experience using applicant tracking software
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to travel 10-25% of the time; increases up to 50% during peak hiring seasons
Aspire offers its employees a competitive salary and benefits, including paid time off, 100% core health benefits coverage on select plans, life insurance/long-term disability, participation in a CA or TN state retirement plan, tuition reimbursement plan, and adoption assistance program.
Aspire Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Aspire promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.