Ascend HR Corp
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Emergency Room Registered Nurse | FT | Days
at Ascend HR Corp
Antelope Valley Hospital is Hiring for an Experienced Emergency Department Registered Nurse
Full Time l Days
Video Clip: Antelope Valley Hospital's Trauma Team
About the Position: ER RN | Full Time | Days
An Emergency Room RN at Antelope Valley focuses on providing care for patients suffering from trauma or other illnesses that require emergency attention. You must be able to recognize and treat life-threatening conditions and rapidly assess and treat patients in critical situations in order to skillfully triage incoming patients. When an assessment reveals an abnormal finding in a patient, you will need to be able to appropriately intervene with the correct nursing procedures and equipment. A skillful ER Registered Nurse is knowledgeable in many disciplines, pediatrics, obstetrics, medicine, cardiology, trauma, orthopedics, infectious diseases, and psychiatry. This knowledge enables you to care for all patient populations, including newborns, infants, toddlers, childhood, adolescence, adult, and geriatric. As an ER RN, you need to work at maximum efficiency without compromising quality of care, especially when under pressure.
The Trauma Center at Antelope Valley Hospital
The Antelope Valley Hospital Emergency Department is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and is ready to care for acute illnesses and injuries. Our physicians and nurses specialized in emergency medicine are always available, and other specialists are called on an as-needed basis.
In addition to our Level II trauma center, Antelope Valley Hospital has been named a STEMI Receiving Center and Advanced Primary Stroke Center, which means we have the equipment, medical expertise, and facilities necessary to administer lifesaving interventions to victims of heart attack and acute stroke.
Video Clip II: An Average Day at the AV Hospital Ambulance Bay
- Rate/s according to years of experience
- 1 year - $40.52/hour
- 2 years - $41.75/hour
- 5 years - $44.73/hour
- 10 years - $49.92/hour
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family
- Medical, dental, and vision with EPO, HMO and PPO plan options, including a cost-saving prescription (Rx) program
- Employee benefits at NO COST TO YOU:
- Basic life, accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services
- Voluntary benefits and tax-saving plans
- Supplemental life insurance
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Universal life with long-term care insurance
- Critical illness, short-term disability and accident insurance
- Paid time off
- PTO program combines vacation, holiday and one-half sick benefits into a single PTO bank
- Retirement plan
- AVH retirement plan is a defined benefit plan. Participation is automatic once meeting eligibility requirements of one year of service and over 1,000 hours worked.
- 403(b) Tax
- AVH sponsors a 403(b) voluntary retirement plan for all employees to participate in pre-tax salary deferral contributions.
- Education tuition reimbursement
- AVH supports the professional growth of employees by offering financial assistance for tuition and books to eligible employees in qualified programs.
Current California Registered Nurse license
One year Registered Nurse experience within the specialty
BLS and ACLS certification
PALS certification (within 6 months of hire)
Annual Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Certification, at first available hospital training class
Annual Restraint Certification
Annual JCAHO Review/Competencies
Antelope Valley Hospital
Located just 60 miles north of Los Angeles, Antelope Valley Hospital has been delivering exceptional care for more than 60 years. We are the only full-service acute care facility in the Antelope Valley, and we have more than 300 beds. We are a Level II Trauma Center and Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center Accredited. Our non-profit hospital has grown to be the preeminent healthcare facility for our district’s nearly 1.2 million residents.
We offer the region’s only trauma center, pediatric unit, NICU, inpatient mental health care, labor and delivery, Accredited Chest Pain Center/STEMI Receiving Center, Advanced Primary Stroke Center and Comprehensive Community Cancer Center.
Antelope Valley Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Antelope Valley Hospital, our employees are at the heart of what we do best – delivering high quality, patient-centered healthcare.
#registerednurse #errn #emergencyroomregisterednurse #nursejobs #nurserecruitment #antelopevalleyhospital #lancasterCA #lancaster