Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HR Assistant in Santa Barbara, CA , at Arthrex
Arthrex California Inc
ACI Santa Barbara, CA
Main Objective: Supports HR with administrative functions related to file management, recruiting, onboarding, benefits and employee engagement. Must be able to maintain a high level of professionalism, confidentiality and dependability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains personnel, workers’ compensation, and job requisition files.
- Supports the recruiting process by coordinating candidate interviews and travel arrangements.
- Coordinates college intern program – posts requisitions, attends career fairs, interviews candidates.
- Manages pre-employment procedures including drug screening, background and reference checks.
- Performs onboarding activities including I-9 verification and New Employee Orientation.
- Maintains employment posters.
- Maintains HR reports and spreadsheets.
- Researches and responds to employee questions on HR policies and procedures.
- Plans and coordinates employee events such as monthly birthday celebrations, annual holiday party, softball and golf tournament.
- Supports HR in providing quality catering services throughout the week by effectively collaborating with caterers. Researches new caterers, if needed.
- Drafts, revises and/or distributes emails and flyers on a variety of employee events and topics.
- Maintains HR inventory and orders promotional items as needed.
- Attends meetings and training events for continuous professional development.
- Provides back-up coverage for Office Administrator – processes visitors, answers and routes incoming calls, distributes mail.
- Appropriately escalates issues to HR Manager and HR Director, as needed.
- Coordinates open enrollment/benefit meetings and responds to benefit inquiries.
Incidental Duties: The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in human resources field preferred.
- One year administrative experience required.
- One year of human resources experience or HR course work preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training: Ability to effectively manage one’s time and handle multiple priorities simultaneously while meeting deadlines. Ability to work independently and possess a sense of urgency to support internal/external customer needs. Ability to verbally communicate ideas and issues effectively and professionally. Professional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to learn new procedures and systems quickly.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills: Strong clerical and computer skills, including intermediate skills with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experience with SuccessFactors or other HRIS systems is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.