Arch Capital Group Ltd
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Vice President, Property Underwriting
at Arch Capital Group Ltd
- Job ID
- Business Segment
- # of Openings
Arch Insurance is a global insurer offering our clients superior coverage and service. We embody the Arch guiding principle of focusing on retaining experienced and talented employees to differentiate us from the rest of the pack. Our group operates from offices in the US, Canada, Bermuda, UK, Australia and South Africa, providing specialty risk solutions to clients worldwide across a wide range of industries. With over ten years of operating history and strong financial ratings, our track record remains solid.
Arch Insurance employs a disciplined underwriting approach and prudent risk selection across all types of business. Our mission is to provide our insureds with superb coverage and claims handling through careful and diligent underwriting of risks and business-friendly solutions. Across our global operations, Arch Insurance employees are ready to meet your needs with professionalism and excellence.
- Under the guidance of the West Coast Region Property Manager and within the company guidelines, develop a profitable book of property insurance business for US domiciled upper middle market and middle market accounts within South California, Nevada & Arizona.
- Create business plans in collaboration with our Distribution division to achieve targeted production with identified key retail brokers. Identify occupancy classes to be targeted with these producers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with approved retail brokers, including but not limited to travels within the West Coast Region, prepare and deliver presentations, training on our new products.
- Underwrite, maintain, and grow a profitable book of business in the admitted property market with Retail brokers. This includes evaluate and prioritize submissions; analyze exposure, coverage requests; determine acceptable deployment of gross and net capacity, determine pricing and negotiate the final property insurance product on an account basis. Monitor his/her portfolio metrics.
- Identify business opportunities to differentiate the company and assist the West Coast Region Property Manager and the Property Operations manager into their development.
- Must have well developed active listening, problem solving mindset and interpersonal skills for developing and strengthening broker relationships.
- Strong communications skill, business writing and oral presentation skills must be excellent.
- Must have well developed business acumen to understand performance metrics, develop and implement profitable growth strategy within his/her dedicated territory
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Sound technology capabilities in Microsoft products such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and ability to use and manipulate data.
- Knowledge of CAT Modeling parameters (PML, AAL, data quality) to assess an account and a portfolio exposure and calculate a cat rate.
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment of the property admitted market
- Understand the key elements of risk selection and risk assessment, can develop loss estimates, develop and negotiate a risk mitigation plan based on survey reports and place fac reinsurance when necessary.
- Bachelor's degree (ideally with a degree/major in Economics, Business, Risk-management or Engineering).
- Additional industry-specific study or designations (such as CPCU & ARM) are a plus.
- 5 to 10 years of property experience handling upper middle market and middle market property accounts. This should include at least 5 years at an admitted carrier as an underwriter.