Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- # of Openings
Why You're Here
As a Contracts Counsel you will be an an in-house corporate generalist primarily focused on the drafting, negotiation and review of commercial contracts and assisting the Associate General Counsel and Chief Legal Officer on various legal projects as necessary for Arbonne International, LLC, its sister subsidiary Levlad, LLC and their parent company Natural Products Group, Inc.
What You'll Be Doing
- Reviews and negotiates all forms of contracts and third-party agreements with customers, vendors and partners for various departments within the Company, including Supply Chain, Product Development, Information Technology, Customer Service, Marketing, Field Development, Events, Distribution and International.
- Draft terms and conditions for promotions, incentives and special offers, particularly relating to online and social media marketing campaigns, across multiple jurisdictions.
- Draft various intellectual property and licensing agreements, especially relating to supply chain and business operations.
- Advises various departments on legal issues and risk mitigation strategies relating to contracts being reviewed and negotiated.
- Assists the Associate General Counsel in managing outside counsel regarding operations in foreign countries and expansion to new foreign markets.
- Assists the Associate General Counsel with complex or sensitive issues facing the Company while effectively and efficiently utilizing resources such as paralegals, administrative personnel, outside counsel or experts, if required.
- Provides legal support to the Compliance Department for the review of contracts related to Arbonne’s independent sales distributors.
- Ensures timely, high-quality analysis and advice on legal and business issues to internal clients across a wide variety of business functions and business units.
- Operates independently on most matters, with sound judgment. Understands when to escalate matters to the Associate General Counsel.
- Consistently reveals familiarity with and commitment to the business objectives of the Company.
- Able to manage various other legal projects and duties as required by the Associate General Counsel, and as driven by business needs.
- Able to communicate effectively cross-functionally across a broad spectrum of the business, including internationally.
What You Need
- Graduate of an accredited law school with strong academic credentials preferred
- Licensed in the State Bar of California or Licensed by another State Bar and registered as in-house counsel.
- Minimum 4 years experience as a practicing attorney.
- Law firm experience and prior in-house experience are both highly preferred.
- Demonstrates strong contract negotiation and drafting skills and substantive expertise with key provisions of most contracts.
- The successful candidate must be capable of providing sound, practical advice in response to complex and rapidly changing conditions, be able to make a positive contribution in a very collegial working environment, be able to work with cross-functional teams, take an active role in driving solutions and work under pressure to meet short deadlines.
- The candidate should demonstrate excellent business sense and judgment, and possess well developed analytical problem-solving abilities, excellent written and oral communication skills, strong organizational skills and strong interpersonal and relationship development skills.
- Has the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and process high volumes of work in a timely and accurate manner.
- Commitment to model and live out our Core Values (Accountability, Community, Innovation and Courage) and a positive mindset are critical for success and should reflect in everything you do.
Arbonne International is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin/ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military/veteran status, marital status, disability status or any other basis prohibited by law. At Arbonne International it’s about each person bringing passion and skills to a dynamic and inclusive workplace!
We are actively seeking talent to join our innovative teams across various areas of the business. From people and product to numbers and formulas we empower Arbonne employees to create impactful careers in line with their passion. We believe everyone can flourish by being good to themselves, their communities, and the planet.
At Arbonne, we make products that are respectfully manufactured for the good of the planet and the people. With a focus on the future, we distribute clean products through a social selling community and are proud to be a part of the Groupe Rocher family.
Let's keep in touch!
Don't see what you're looking for? Sign up to receive updates on opportunities to flourish at Arbonne.