Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Distribution Crew Leader
Job Title: Distribution Crew Leader - 2nd Shift
Department / Division: CARSC / Logistics
Location: Santa Fe Springs, CA
What's special about us:
At Amway, we believe in people. Our promise to our employees is that here, you have the opportunity to explore and grow, make a real difference, and be a part of Amway's long-term success story. We believe in your potential and your ability to achieve your highest professional goals.
What's special about this team:
The Amway North America Delivery Operations team focuses on delivering essential products to our Amway Business Owner. The California Regional Service Center (CARSC) is our largest facility and is based in Santa Fe Springs, CA. This facility provides Order Fulfillment services to the entire western region of the US. Our motto is "Perfect Orders Every Time", and we strive to exceed our customers' expectations through a flexible and agile workforce. Our team prides itself in continuous improvement, challenging the status quo, and striving for efficiencies that can be reinvested into the ABO experience. Hours of operation are Thursday - Saturday 2:30pm - 3:00am. We place a strong emphasis on developing leaders internally, you will have an opportunity to grow and develop your leadership, problem solving, and analytical skillsets.
How you would contribute to the role:
As a Distribution Crewleader, you will support daily operations in our distribution center. The Distribution Crewleader is a working front line leadership role, engaged and knowledgeable in all aspects of our operations. Daily tasks include:
- Tracks daily work center member attendance and reports discrepancies to the supervisor
- Facilitates daily "stand up" work center meetings
- Fills in for other Crewleaders and team members as needed
- Provides input to supervisor for annual employee reviews
- Participate in accident investigations
- Fills in for supervisor in their absence
- Assists with the resolution of daily workflow and day-to-day issues
- Assists with communication of information between supervisor and team members
- Ensures new employees and temporary staff are trained
- Specific duties vary by assignment. Other job duties as assigned and related work as required to maximize productivity of work area
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- Demonstrated leadership skills to include the ability to lead and direct the work of others
- Organize work groups and plan and prioritize the work of self and others to drive results
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to train, direct and check the work of others to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment and tools in the accomplishment of daily responsibilities to include but are not limited to a personal computer, pallet jack, calculator, utility knife, general cleaning equipment, label printers, box makers, tape machine, RF system, shrink wrap machine and copiers
- Ability to logically think through and understand process and production requirements
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to lead and proactively communicate with individuals throughout the company in a cooperative, constructive and positive manner
- Willingness to pursue continuous improvement and offer solutions to processing problems and issues
- Experience and adept with the following applications/systems or comparable Warehouse Management Systems: JDE, Red Prairie, RF system
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Provides direction, insight and assistance in updating procedures, as needed
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Strong attention to detail, ability to problem solve, ability to take initiative, and desire to develop and lead people is preferred
- Ability to operate a stand up and sit-down Hilo
- The ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. frequently
Amway's exceptional benefits package includes: Medical, dental, prescription and vision insurance; 401(K) participation; Profit Sharing; Bonus Eligibility; Fitness Center; product discounts. Look into how Amway can transform your career! Visit our web site to apply: http://www.amway.jobs. For additional information, check us out at www.linkedIn.com/company/amway, www.facebook.com/AmwayTalent, and www.twitter.com/AmwayTalent.
Interested in a virtual tour of our World Headquarters in Ada, MI? Simply click Explore Our Campus and click on the colored icons to scroll and navigate the views and information.