Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supervisor, EPIC Training
- Job ID
- Information Technology
Responsible for managing the delivery of services for Epic appropriate applications-related education and communication to end user clinicians and non-clinicians The Supervisor identifies training needs, and guides the implementation of educational programs, evaluates the effectiveness of the educational programs, and oversees the creation and maintenance of training tools, ensuring appropriate changes as required/defined. This is a highly visible role responsible for managing the Epic training team in curriculum development, teaching methodology design, delivery of training, communication as required by the project or system enhancement.
- Provide leadership in the educational process and transformation of care with emphasis on safety initiatives, quality care, and best practices supported by innovative technology.
- Collaborate with other members of the management team and educators to identify and address learning needs of staff in a cost effective manner.
- Interface with educators to minimize duplication of efforts and ensure standardization of educational material and processes using Lean techniques.
- Plan educational programs and processes to accommodate generational differences regarding learning and communication styles, expectations, and peer relations.
- Maintain in-depth clinical knowledge in area of specialty and demonstrate clinical expertise. Serve as a clinical resource and coach for staff and influence the workforce to achieve high level of performance.
- Act as a leader and consensus builder for broad, multidisciplinary groups including the clinical community, other hospital departments, and IT analysts as appropriate, clearly communicating and translating information and concepts between and across the different groups and driving outcomes.
- Assess EPIC training program needs through regular onsite visits to provide support and proactive service, including analysis of opportunities to take advantage of existing tools and workflows.
- Assign and prioritize tasks and projects and coach and mentor with individual team members to build skills.
- Develop and publish relevant performance metrics on an agreed upon frequency with the Director to monitor the effectiveness of the training programs.
- Manage employee progress on performance objectives and provide regular feedback to team members and Director.
- Manage team members' adherence to standard processes, maintenance of quality and performance to service levels and schedule.
- Hire, evaluate the performance of and implement corrective action, up to and including termination, for assigned staff as necessary. Address individual staff performance problems as needed.
- Work collaboratively with Managers and Leads to coordinate project schedules, work request management, resource planning, and manage knowledge transfer.
- Identify trends and detect/anticipate problems early and act as the highest level of support while mentoring and training junior staff members.
- Participate in and frequently facilitate/organize team and cross-team meetings, and maintain appropriate meeting records.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university required or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in education, organizational development, or a training of clinical and business system applications is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of leading EPIC training efforts at various stages of go live and stabilization is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory or lead experience in a matrix organization is required.
- Epic certification required. Alternatively, EPIC Credentials with the ability to secure the EPIC certification within the first 6 months of employment.
- Project management experience is a plus.