Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staff Physician, Family Practice
Job Reference #: 7904
Categories: Healthcare - Medical & Dental Practitioners
- Job ID
Provides primary care medical services to the patients of AltaMed. Manages assigned patient panel.
- Elicits and records information about patient’s medical history.
- Examines patient to determine general physical condition.
- Orders or executes various tests, analyses, and diagnostic procedures to provide information on patient’s condition.
- Documents gathered information in medical record as required by policies and analyses reports and findings of tests and examinations.
- Administers or prescribes treatments and drugs.
- Inoculates and vaccinates patients to immunize patients from communicable diseases.
- Advises patients concerning diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease.
- May provide prenatal care to pregnant women and may provide postnatal care to mother and infant if applicable.
- Refers patients to medical specialist or other practitioner for specialized treatment.
- Reports births, deaths, and outbreak of contagious diseases to governmental agencies.
- May perform minor surgery.
- Makes house and emergency calls to attend to patients unable to visit office.
- Provides continuity of care for patients requiring hospitalization, including admitting and providing primary care for jobs, or eligibility for insurance coverage.
- Conducts physical examinations to provide information needed for admission to school, consideration for jobs, or eligibility for insurance coverage.
- Active participation in the Quality Management Program, Utilization Review, Peer Review, AltaMed Medical Provider activities, and AltaMed’s On-call schedule.
- May provide in-hospital or nursing home care if applicable.
- May be asked to orient new providers, assist them professionally with coverage, call arrangements, referrals, hospitalization, and other clinical issues.
- Able to assess and treat patients in an acute care setting, which includes but is not limited to, acute infectious diseases, minor orthopedic ailments within a Family Physician's scope and minor procedures such as laceration repairs and incision and drainage.
- Performs other related functions as needed.
- Experience and training as a physician.
- Physician with an active unrestrictive CA license to practice medicine by the Medical Board of California.
- Leadership and/or management skills preferred.
- Previous experience with computer based systems required; Electronic Medical records experience preferred.
- Education and training necessary to obtain a medical degree. Requires valid license to practice medicine in the State of California. Board Certified in specialty preferred.
- Education, training and experience necessary to meet the underwritten requirements for inclusion under AltaMed’s malpractice insurance coverage.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish/Mandarin/Cantonese preferred depending on location.
- Current Valid CPR and First Aid Certification.