Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN - Clinic Float
- Job ID
The Registered Nurse (RN) assumes the responsibility for application of nursing and clinical processes and delivery of quality patient care at AltaMed clinics and within AltaMed PACE centers under the supervision of Nursing Supervisor, Nursing Director or CNE and has accountability of the nursing process and the delivery of efficient patient care. RN supports patient evaluation, and carries out related nursing intervention, supports nursing patient evaluation, efficient system applications and recording of patient care/behavior. Works collaboratively with clinic interdisciplinary team members, medical staff, clinical operations, PACE interdisciplinary team, and with the Administrative/Operational Leadership teams to ensure achievement of patient, clinical or program goals as appropriate. Provides clinical care and demonstrated clinical competency for area of specialty patient populations. Application of and knowledge of regulatory requirements in delegation of tasks and in documentation. Assist in the development and implementation of quality, cost-effective, efficient systems and protocols for standardizing processes of patient care at clinics.
Nursing job duties are to comply with the Nurse Practice Act, Title 22, Joint Commission (JC), and [PACE] CMS 42 CFR Part 460 regulatory requirements as appropriate. The plan for provision of nursing care to patients aligns with the AltaMed Code of Conduct, professional and educational standards, and PACE Interdisciplinary care coordination requirements as needed.
- Performs clinical patient care nursing duties within the scope of practice for Registered Nursing, with high integrity, quality, and meet nursing or population care standards.
- Performs screening, triage, assessment and/or patient intake for patient as required by job duties or responsibilities.
- Utilizes patient medical information, conducts nursing assessments, evaluates current treatment plan, (which may include medications, therapies, devices and/or interventions) to: a. Prepare for and/or provide care based upon patient visit or encounter needs. b. Obtain and evaluate diagnostic results as needed, i.e. vital signs, TB skin testing, c. Evaluate and/or provide patient/family teaching or skill validation i.e. fall prevention,
- Performs therapeutic point of care diagnostic testing as ordered for patients, i.e. Blood Glucose, UA,
- Performs nursing procedures utilizing evidence based practice guidelines or clinical standards. Examples: medication administration, IV therapy, wound care, positioning, personal care,
- Maintains acceptable standards of nursing care based on AltaMed, community, JCAHO, DHCS and CMS (for PACE) and applicable governing regulatory Agency requirements.
- Participates in and supports on-going efforts to ensure infectious diseases control program is applied for all clinic experiences.
- Communicates, coordinates and consults with members of the health team while performing nursing responsibilities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of quality, cost-effective, efficient systems and protocols for standardizing processes of patient care at clinics.
- Contribute to performance appraisals by providing feedback to the Manager, Nursing, about MAs and LVNs on her/his team
- Participate in MA and LVN clinical competency evaluation
- Complies with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and participates in the preparation and conduction of clinic or program regulatory audits.
- Responds to all medical emergencies and follows process outlined by AltaMed Emergency codes and procedures.
- Required member of the clinic interdisciplinary team and participate in team based care meetings for care coordination, daily operations, care planning and service delivery.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
PACE RN: in addition to above
- Required member of the PACE Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) and participate in required meetings for care coordination, daily operations and /or IDT care planning and service delivery requirements. a. Conducts and documents participant assessments, care delivered in the electronic medical records. b. Develops, in collaboration with other IDT members, an individualized plan of care which incorporates immediate and continuing nursing care needs c. Evaluates data collected by home care coordinator to validate home care services needed to support participants at home.
- Act as the team lead in the absence of the nursing supervisor,
- Complies with CMS PACE regulatory requirements and ensures compliance related to nursing practice or function.
- If in a PACE’ pre-enrollment initial team’ RN role: perform assessments, submission of DHCS Level of Care documentation, and compile home safety evaluation information to ensure adherence with regulatory requirements for enrollment into the PACE program.
- Accredited school of nursing graduate with a current California State Board of Nursing Registered Nurse License required.
- Minimum one (1) or more years’ experience as a Registered Nurse required, (except for CHLA)
- Experience in an ambulatory care environment i.e., clinic or Urgent Care preferred.
- Current CPR/BLS certification required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish/ preferred. Bilingual in other languages or experience in American Sign Language highly desirable.
PACE RN Specific:
- Minimum 1-year experience working with frail elderly (Geriatric) population as required by CMS PACE regulations required.
- Greater than 2 years’ experience as a RN preferred.
- Experience in long term care facilities, case management or as a RN in a PACE center desirable but not required.