Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Service Representative III
- Job ID
- Customer Service
The Patient Service Representative (PSR) III is responsible for providing support the Patient Service Representative staff by providing guidance and direction as needed on a daily basis. This position’s responsibilities include the role of the Patient Service Rep I and Rep II as well as filling in for the Supervisors when Supervisors are unavailable, handle escalations as needed, participate in focus groups for strategic initiatives and facilitate staff meetings and trainings. This role serves a leader amongst your peers and will have the ability to handle all incoming queues as well as patient outreach. Other duties may include insurance verification, outbound calls, patient registration and resolving general patient inquiries.
- Ability to efficiently and accurately schedule, reschedule and/or cancel medical and/or dental appointments (all specialty queues) as requested by the patient and in accordance with AltaMed’s Appointment Scheduling Policy.
- Initiate a high volume of phone calls to members for retention efforts (e.g. lost of eligibility, and 30 days re-enrollment of Medi-Cal through the Re- Determination process.)
- Collect, update and verify all pertinent patient demographic and insurance information into the EHR, which includes documenting encounters.
- Responsible for resolving patient questions, requests for all call types and escalating as appropriate; includes answering all incoming calls and properly dispose of calls via appropriate transfer, message taking, or follow-up and return call.
- Conduct patient outreach that may include specialty referral follow up, prescription follow up, rescheduling of appointments, etc.
- Assists in coaching, training, and development of new and existing Patient Service Representatives; includes work oversight and scheduling in the absence of the Patient Service Supervisor.
- Participates as a superuser for EHR.
- Monitors the Patient Service Center SharePoint for clinic updates and/or communication and disseminates the information to the rest of the team in a timely manner.
- Resolves patient Level II complaints and grievances and escalates as appropriate.
- Monitors call queues to ensure high level of customer service standards are being met.
- Effectively and proactively manages call center flow as required to reduce the average time to answer.
- Monitors provider schedules and escalates access concerns.
- Participates in focus groups to evaluate the effectiveness of training programs or newly deployed workflows.
- Attend, participate and facilitate training and meetings as assigned.
- Perform the job functions of PSR I & II and provide support to PSC Supervisors on day to day functions if leaders are unavailable.
- Fully knowledgeable and trained in all of AltaMed’s Health Service programs and services and is seen as a leader by peers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High-School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Four years of experience preferred working in a customer service environment where a lead service/support role was primarily performed.