Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job Reference #: 8772
- Job ID
- Clinical Services
This position is responsible for performing a variety of interpretation and medical escort services to assist non-English speaking patients receiving care within the AltaMed Health System.
- Participate as a neutral party in the role as conduit of information (oral and written) that must flow between AltaMed staff and the Domestic or International patient/visitors.
- Ensure that information pertaining to the patient's outpatient services, hospitalization, (i.e. advance directives, consents from treatment, diagnosis and prognosis, treatment plan, follow-up appointments and Health Care Education) are accurately communicated.
- Appropriately address and document the patient's questions/concerns regarding this information is to be per AltaMed policy.
- Provide interpreter services, and convey the exact message as opposed to summarizing the information in a way that is subjective. Provide required documentation as required by AltaMed.
- Maintain accurate daily records on all requests for service as well as the provision of services. Maintain accurate and timely documentation within program database.
- Promote customer satisfaction related to AltaMed services; notify Supervisor of any issues that may be problematic for patients or AltaMed staff.
- Participate in continuing education programs and competency training to enhance professional role. Ensure that all policies and procedures related to process, service, and employee work rules are followed. Maintain confidentiality in all matters related to patient care and visitor issues on non-English speaking patients/families/escorts.
- Perform various administrative duties as assigned.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of two years medical interpreting experience required.
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology in two or more languages.
- Successful completion of an interpreting certification program.