Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Major Gift Officer
- Job ID
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Major Gifts Officer plans, directs and implements programmatic, capital and endowment fundraising. Exercises considerable judgment in the management and development of fund raising proposals and presents proposals to prospective donors. The Major Gifts Officer serves as a lead development resource for identification, cultivation, solicitation and acquisition of major gift donors, specifically, donors with gift capacity range starting at $500k and focusing on gift amounts between $100k and $2M. The Major Gift Officers works with donors to develop high impact solutions that include cash, gifts of stock, planned gifts and blended gifts.
- Works as a partner with key AltaMed staff (clinical and program) on a variety of fundraising initiatives
- Utilizes research data to define strategic plans for solicitation of prospects.
- Works to upgrade and retain donors who have given greater than $100k or have a Gift Capacity Range beginning at $500k.
- Work to solicit donors for both planned gifts, blended gifts and major cash contributions
- Prepares and presents proposals to prospective donors and/or their advisors.
- Maintains an understanding and knowledge of various Major Gift techniques, for use in major gift solicitation.
- Maintains professional growth and development and keeps abreast of latest trends in area of expertise.
- Collaborates with other Development staff on the identification and promotion of individuals, corporations and foundations from annual contributors, support group participants and select prospects for major and planned gifts.
- Utilizes marketing and communications and donor recognition materials and programs to implement effective donor relations.
- Arranges and coordinates tours of AltaMed clinics with prospects and donors.
- Maintains a positive image when dealing with executive staff, donors, prospects, fundraisers and other AltaMed employees.
- Follows established AltaMed and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a health care or related field required; Master’s preferred.
- Minimum of five years fundraising experience with at least three years in Major Gifts fundraising
- Verifiable experience in major gift fundraising, specifically with multiple years of successful solicitation of gifts from individual and corporations at the $100k to $2M range