Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Analyst, Procurement (Buyer - Machined Parts)
at Aerojet Rocketdyne
- Job ID
- Procurement/Purchasing - Other
Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader providing propulsion and energetics to its space, missile defense, strategic, tactical missile and armaments customers throughout domestic and international markets. We offer a complete line of propulsion products for launch vehicles, missile defense, and advanced hypersonic propulsion.
We are currently seeking a Senior Buyer - Machined Parts. This position will be based in our Canoga Park, CA location.
This job may be filled at the level posted or at the next higher level.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
The successful individual will work under limited general direction to:
50% - Procure critical path, major components and subsystems, in support of various programs. Manage subcontracts for these complex procurements. Perform as IPT liaison and/or representative on specific programs.
20% - Create and issue all types of fixed or variable subcontracts, including incentive or award fee. Lead source selection teams, conduct formal cost/price analysis, cost audits, fact finding and formal negotiations, as required for major subcontracting activity.
10% - Plan, conduct and direct projects or major portions of projects, including coordination of efforts with other staff members.
10% - Train and/or mentor less senior buying personnel, along with delegating less complex workload, as necessary.
5% - Lead in the development of work statements, proposal bills of materials, risk assessments and policy & procedure development, as necessary. Perform audit of PO files and documentation of sub-level buyers.
5% - Active participation in company and departmental initiatives, including strategic sourcing and supplier board activities.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline and six (6) years of directly related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
US Citizenship required. Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Program Office and Project Management roles within an integrated product team (IPT) environment.
- Possess a high level of understanding in all relative business matters and have the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management internal to the company and external to suppliers and customers alike.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of government contracting requirements, FAR and other pertinent government flow downs.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings/models.
- Familiarity with ERP systems for RFQs, POs, receiving, invoicing, etc.
- Understanding of complex aerospace machined hardware strongly preferred.
- Understanding of Machine Types and Process involved in manufacturing complex aerospace machined hardware strongly preferred.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit and to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 pounds; may require minimal walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.