Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accountant (Banking Reconciliation)
The Sr. Accountant position is responsible for the reconciliation and balancing of accounts through the use of systems and reports in accordance with policies and procedures. The position requires a high level of accuracy to minimize financial exposure and or client impact, general banking knowledge, and research and reconciliation experience. On a daily basis, the Sr. Accountant will interact with internal and external partners and banks. The position requires strong verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively with various levels of the organization. The Sr. Accountant will be required to train internal partners as needed and facilitate and or present at meetings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage reconciliations (bank, general ledger, systems)
- Identify, assess, and resolve issues and out-of-balances
- Explain, document, and summarize issues
- Communicate and collaborate with internal and external partners and banks
- Cross-train on products and functions
- Project participation and support
- Maintain working knowledge of systems, databases, and applications
- Retain up-to-date knowledge of assigned accounts, projects, and products
- Maintain an effective and cohesive working relationship with peers and management.
- Adhere to Audit and Control policies, procedures, and controls
- Participate and collaborate in team building and engagement activities
- Possess strong problem solving, analysis, and resolution skills
- Intermediate/Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Access
- Knowledge: Accounting, Reconciliation, General Ledger, Systems, Banking, and Projects
- Education: College level with a concentration in Accounting, Finance, or Business. Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Practical Experience: Reconciliation, Accounting, Financial Transaction Processing and or Banking
- Experience Level: 5+years