ABM Industries Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
General Manager - Parking/Shuttle
at ABM Industries Inc
The General Manager will be the senior representative for the Contractor on a full-time basis The General Manager will be responsible for the administration and operation of the parking facilities. The following is a listing of major duties performed by the General Manager:
Plan, organize direct and control the work required for all the Contractor’s administrative, supervisory, cashier, and other employees and subcontractors engaged in operating the public parking lots at the Facility
- Abide by and ensure adherence to established policies, rules, procedures and regulations of the Port Authority as applicable at the Facility.
- Maintain close and proper liaison with the Port Authority Facility Manager or his/her duly designated representative on day-to-day operational problems and assure cooperation of his/her staff with authorized representatives of the Port Authority.
- Maintain close liaison with and assure cooperation of his/her staff with members of the Port Authority Audit division on matters of revenue accountability and security.
- Responsible for the overall collection of all paring related revenues.
- Be responsible for the reporting of safety and security concerns of the Parking Lot Service.
- Assure cooperation and communications with police at the Facility, handling problems of mutual concern such as the prohibited vehicles, minimizing traffic congestion leading into and out of the lots, and other items relative to security and property of both the Port Authority and Patrons utilizing the parking facilities.
- Be responsible for achieving an acceptable level of public relations by all employees of the Contact at the Facility.
- Be responsible for the final selection and dismissal of parking personnel of the Contractor at the Facility.
- Authorize and approve the purchase of supplies, services and materials associated with the administration and operation of the parking facilities in accordance with the Contract.
- Be responsible for maintaining a running record, “The Manager’s Log”, which will note by time and date all instances of non-routine events (i.e. vehicle thefts, vandalism, lot closures, etc.) and record the nature and result of all communication with Port Authority representatives.
- Be responsible for analyzing parking lot operational activities in order to develop procedures to improve patron service. In those cases where Port Authority action is required, the General Manager is expected to submit recommendations and suggestions for Port Authority consideration.
- Conduct unannounced personal inspections at various times of the day and week to observe and evaluate performance of subordinate personnel in fulfilling patron service standards and contractual obligations.
- The General Manager shall not serve in the capacity of a cashier on any regular tour or scheduled relief tour.
- Serve as the Regional Contract Manager in his/her absence.
- College degree or similar work experience required.
- Five (5) years demonstrate customer focused experience.
- Three (3) or more years of management experience.
- Three (3) or more years of budgeting, expense control and scheduling experience.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.