Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Analytical Chemist
at EAG Laboratories
Senior Analytical Chemist
Position is full time, Monday-Friday, 7:30AM-4:15PM, with overtime as needed
Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Brea, CA are encouraged to apply
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Organizes, conducts and evaluates analytical results and testing independently in compliance with applicable methods, protocols, SOP’s and regulatory agency guidelines
- Documents work, maintains study documentation and laboratory records.
- Independently sets-up, maintains, operates and performs routine and non-routine maintenance on laboratory equipment and software, including problem identification and resolution.
- Provides input and participates in project meetings, plans, monitors and guides project work
- Performs peer review and QC review of data
- Performs assigned workload on a daily basis and effectively completes multiple assignments.
- Promotes and contributes to a cohesive team environment and maintains a positive attitude. Plans individual workload in coordination with team members and may plan team workload in coordination with supervisors
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment
- Understands data generated, and history of methods.
- Recognizes deviations from normal results and inform Study Director, Principal Investigator, and/or management of any problems and/or deviations that may affect the integrity of the data and participates in corrective action of problems.
- Identifies problems and makes suggestions for modifications in test methods or procedures
- Able to adapt to new procedures or particular needs as directed
- Able to identify critical steps in an assay.
- Initiates, drives and implements process improvement initiatives.
- Completes all required training courses.
- Trains, mentors, and assists less experienced staff.
- Assists in setting up and performing optimization, and validation of various analytes in a variety of matrices, and may assist in method development.
- Participates in client visits as needed, assists in communicating technical information.
- Assists in evaluation of data for incorporation into written reports.
- Writes reports, methods, protocols and SOPs, and make suggestions for modifications in test methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of departmental procedures and policies
- Effectively plans and utilizes personnel and resources for timely completion of assigned projects.
- Participates in new equipment and instrument assessment and qualification, as appropriate
- With supervisory assistance, assures technical staff compliance to SOPs and other regulatory agency guidelines.
- Performs complex analyses using unfamiliar or new methods, asking for scientific guidance as needed.
- Learn to design and independently conduct tests for chemistry projects and provide initial analysis
- Performs other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic minimum qualifications:
- Familiar with the use of standard laboratory equipment
- Experience with use and troubleshooting of analytical equipment is desired
- Ability to perform advanced computer skills (e.g., Word, Excel).
- >4 years’ experience
Who we are:
Eurofins is the world leader in the food, bio/pharmaceutical product testing. It is also number one in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology, and central laboratory services. With over $2 billion in annual revenues and 25,000 employees across 250 sites in 39 countries, Eurofins is a leading international group of laboratories providing an unparalleled range of testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, food, environmental, and consumer products industries and to governments.
What we offer:
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work! We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com
Eurofins is a M/F, Diabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.